30.

You would think being told you can go home from hospital would be a good thing, but I'm not sure if I want to leave my little girl here.

"What if something happens? I've always been two minutes away," I frowned.

"It doesn't matter how far away we are, if anything happens we won't be able to help. She's got the machines beside her and the doctors will be there in a flash," Jamie explained.

"I suppose."

"Besides, you can visit any time."

Just as Jamie started to persuade me the nurse walked in and overheard.

"You're not the first Mother to feel like this, it's completely normal," she smiled.

"I'm just worried incase she takes a turn for the worst."

"I can assure you, you will be informed as quick as we can."

"Come on, Charleigh is going to need you at your very best. It will be good for you to sleep in your own bed in your own surroundings," Jamie said.

"Okay," I nodded.

I guess they're right, it's just harder than it sounds.

Jamie packed up my things including my flowers and cards on the beside table. I've already seen Charleigh this evening and the nurses are giving her a feed so now seems like a good time to leave. After eventually thanking all of the nurses we left.

"Are you okay?" Jamie asked interlocking fingers with mine walking down the corridor.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"I'll drop you off tomorrow before work and meet you here after if you want?"

"That will be great, thank you."

He put my things in the back of the car as I got in the passenger seat and adjusted his heating, it's a lot colder than I thought it would be.

"Does anyone other than friends know about us?" I asked.

"I don't think so, why?" he replied.

"I don't like the idea of them including Charleigh in a story, they're bound to write a load of rubbish."

"Don't worry about them, we can keep things private for now," he smiled.

Arriving back home I made my way inside eager to put my feet up. As much as I hate the thought of Charleigh away from me, It feels good to be home and I'm certainly looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.

"Do you want me to order a takeaway babe?" Jamie asked.

"I'm not that hungry," I shrugged.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired."

"Alright, well why don't you go to bed?" he smiled.

"Do you mind?"

"Course not."

"You are staying aren't you?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll follow you up in a minute I just want to make a phone call."

"Okay."

I went straight upstairs and got ready for bed. I tied my hair back, washed my face with a face wipe and got undressed. It's weird to look at my figure now after having a bump for so long.

"Don't worry I'm here," Jamie said as I bumped into him on the landing.

"I was going to the bathroom."

"Oh, this is awkward," he chuckled.

"I was missing you too," I giggled kissing him on the cheek as I brushed past.

I used the toilet and brushed my teeth before going back into the bedroom, Jamie is now kicking off his jeans at the side of the bed.

"Alright?" he asked looking up.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"You know, that's the first real smile I've seen from you since Charleigh was born."

"I stopped worrying for a split second," I shrugged.

"Come here," he said with open arms.

I stepped closer and hugged my arms around his neck feeling his arms snake around my body.

"I've missed hugging you like this," he whispered.

"You mean without my bump in the way."

"And I've been dying to do this again," he said lifting me up so my legs wrapped around him.

"When did we ever do this?"

"It was awhile ago, but I remember it turning awkward."

"Oh I remember," I chuckled. "You're terrible at times Jamie."

"If only you knew how many times I've got hard over you before," he laughed.

"Jamie!"

"If we're not careful theres going to be another time added to the list," he said laying me down on the bed.

I smirked pulling his lips on to mine welcoming a hot, passionate kiss. Now he's my boyfriend and not my best friend it's quite nice to know I can turn Jamie on.

He climbed off of me to shut the bedroom door and close the curtains, it's still quite light outside but after the few days we've had we're both exhausted and ready for bed.

"Did my Dad have a go at you?" I asked.

"No, he was fine," he replied joining me from the right side of the bed.

"Oh, what not at all?"

"No, I think we've broken the ice if anything."

"That's good," I smiled.

"Everything will be alright, I promise. Now get to sleep, we've got to be up early for breakfast so you can go and see Charleigh."

"Okay, good night."

"Night babes," he said kissing me gently.