21.

"Morning," Lewis said greeting us at the front door with a smile spread across his face.

"Morning Lewis, you're in a good mood," I replied.

"I wonder why," Jamie teased. "Amy upstairs is she?"

"Shh," I giggled nudging his arm.

"I'm in here," Amy called from the lounge. "And I heard that Jamie."

"I'm only joking babes."

"Hiya," I smiled welcomed by one of Amy's hugs.

"How are you all?" she asked.

"We're good," I said holding my bump.

"Yeah, sound," Jamie replied sitting down on one of Lewis beanies to play the xbox.

Amy rolled her eyes. "Lewis has had that set up since half past nine this morning."

"I expected nothing less."

"So, how are things?" she whispered.

"Fine," I nodded.

"It was good the other morning," she frowned. "Does anyone want a tea?"

"You mean, excuse us why we go in the kitchen to talk about you," Lewis laughed.

"Milk, two sugars please," Jamie smiled.

I followed Amy through to the kitchen and sat down at the dining table. She took four mugs from the cupboards and prepared our drinks whilst the kettle boiled.

"What's happened?" she asked.

"We're fine now, but we had an argument the other night."

"Oh."

"Jamie has slept with my sister."

"What?!" she snapped loud enough for the neighbours to hear never mind the men in the room next door.

"Amy, shh!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, it was ages ago but it still bothered me," I shrugged.

"It should bother you too, what on earth was Jamie thinking?"

"They were both drunk."

"Oh change the record."

"I'm trying to forget about it, it's the past and we're the future."

"Forgive not forget," she warned.

"I've gave him an earful don't worry."

"Good."

She poured our drinks out and took the men theirs before returning to continue our chat.

"Is everything else okay?"she asked.

"Not really, but it's me this time not him."

"What do you mean?"

"I've started to feel conscious of my body. I tried to have sex with him last night and it's not that I feel awkward doing it with my best friend, I just can't bare him seeing my stretch marks," I explained.

"Oh babe, you look amazing!"

"It's hard for me to believe that when my body is stretching everyday."

"I know, but Jamie understands that your body is different. You're pregnant!"

"I wish I felt more comfortable around him, I did before I noticed the bigger marks," I sighed.

"Lewis is the only person I let see me at my worst. I walk down the stairs with dirty hair and morning breath and still feel beautiful because I know he still finds me attractive."

"Are you sure about that?" I giggled.

"He loves me for who I am."

"Jamie told me he loves me last night."

"Well there we go then," she grinned.

"You're right, I understand."

"Buy yourself some new underwear."

"Isn't that defeating the objective?"

"Well, maybe. But men like that stuff don't they?" she chuckled. "Come on, he's supposed to be your birthing partner."

"Hmm."

"You have asked him haven't you?"

"Not yet," I mumbled.

I have to be more open with Jamie, both physical and mentally. I'm not normally like this!

Now back in the lounge with Jamie whilst Amy and Lewis collected our takeaway I sat comfortably across his lap.

"Do you feel better after talking to Amy?, Jamie asked.

"How did you know we've been talking?"

"I've been receiving daggers all day."

"I did tell her about Kelly. I feel better now though."

"It's okay," he smiled.

"We had a chat about last night too."

"What did she say?"

"Just girly stuff," I shrugged.

"Well as long as you feel better. I'm worried about you, you know."

"I know."

"I don't want you feeling negative about yourself, you're beautiful."

"It's just the stretch marks, I've been happy with my body until now."

"Let me see."

"What now?" I frowned.

"Yeah, they won't be back yet."

I gulped nervously.

"I won't think any differently, I promise," he smiled.

I lifted up my T-shirt and let him look at my stomach. I'm sure my bump has grown.

"Do you know what they say about these marks?" he asked.

"What?"

"They're not stretch marks, they're tiger stripes and you've earned them."

I smiled resting my forehead against his. He definitely has a way with words, but every time he makes me feel better. It's one of the reasons why I fell in love with him so easily.