28.

I woke up to find Jamie sitting at my bedside, his gorgeous smile made me feel ten times better.

"Hello gorgeous," he spoke.

"Hello you," I said sitting up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine.

"How was work?" I asked.

"Boring."

"Are all the meetings done now?"

"Yeah, but I didn't manage to get any time off. I'm sorry babe."

"I understand."

He's as disappointed as me. His career can affect his private life at times meaning he misses out on times like this.

"I've missed you," I frowned.

"I've missed you too," he said joining me on the bed. "Did you see Amy and Lewis?"

"Yeah, they were only here for an hour but it was nice. The flowers are from them."

"That's nice," he said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Have the nurses been round?"

"Yeah, I'm healing well and Charleigh's much the same as when you left."

"Well it's still a positive," he smiled.

"Did you bring me some clothes?" I asked.

"Yeah, I wasn't sure what to bring but I went for comfort and brought your tracksuit bottoms, leggings and a few tops."

"That's fine, thank you. I'm dying for a shower and my own clothes."

"I'll go find a nurse and see if they can arrange it for you."

Jamie's only been back five minutes and he's already fussing over me. I wouldn't have it any other way though.

"Oh my god, I've never felt so relieved to have a shower," I chuckled.

Jamie sat outside the cubicle with my bag and waited whilst I got dressed. '

"Do you need any help?" he asked.

"Yes please."

I managed to put my leggings on but when it came to my vest top it was too painful to stretch and raise my arms.

"There we go," he smiled.

I pulled it down and adjusted myself.

"It's weird seeing you without a bump."

"It feels weird, now you've just got my baby fat to look at," I said.

"I can live with that, or we can work it off."

I smiled pressing my lips to his without a word.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"Just because I love you."

"I love you too."

"Come on, let's go see Charleigh."

I put my bags back before heading down to special care with Jamie, the nurses were checking her over as we arrived.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hello," a young brunette replied.

"Is she okay?"

"She's doing just fine."

"How would you feel about expressing milk Tiffany?" the other nurse asked.

"I could give it ago if you think it would help."

"Breast milk is always best."

"Okay then," I nodded.

"Great, we'll arrange that with you soon."

Jamie sat down with me on the chairs beside Charleigh and looked through the glass at her tiny body. There seems to be no change, but only the doctors know if her organs are getting stronger.

"She's going to be in here awhile isn't she?" I sighed.

"It might not be as long as we think, she could make fast improvement," Jamie replied.

"Maybe."

"It doesn't matter how long shes in here as long as she's coming home."

"I know but I'm impatient now I've met her. I haven't held her, fed her or even changed a nappy, I'm missing all of that," I said.

"You need to remember that she should still be inside you, you haven't missed out on anything because everything is still to come."

This isn't what I had planned. I've been looking forward to showing her off to my family and friends, but they're going to have seen her before I've even held her. It breaks my heart having to come into special care every day.