33

Bella Smith.

The sound of the wind coming through an open door brought me into consciousness and instantly I felt a strong pounding in my head.

I opened my eyes wider and sat up, placing my fingers against my temples and slowly started rubbing on them to try and stop it, but it wasn't working, if anything it was getting worse.

"Cody?" I called when I noticed the bed was empty, but seconds later, he popped his head around the balcony door and smiled.

"Good morning." He flashed a smile of his teeth before disappearing again, which made me curious, so I pulled back the bed cover and stood up, the room slowly starting to spin. The breeze from the door suddenly made my bare legs cold and I looked down to find that I'm only wearing one of Codys shirts which went just past my thighs.

I walked towards the door and stepped outside. It was still remotely dark outside, which made me think that it must only be sunrise, maybe a bit later.

Cody was leaned against the balcony wearing only a pair of shorts. He had a cigarette perched in between his fingers which he occasionally flicked against the metal bars, causing the ash to fall onto the ground beneath him.

"It's like 6am, why are you smoking this early?" I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him from behind, which made him softly laugh.

"It's 7.30 actually." He lightly chuckled, flicking the ash from his cigarette onto the ground. "I couldn't sleep, I felt like it was necessary to come and have one." He said as he put it out and dropped it off the edge of the balcony.

"I thought you were quitting?" I asked when he turned around and wrapped his arms around my neck. We began rocking side to side as he started to speak.

"I did, but when we stopped talking, it was hard not to. They were kind of like.. My distraction." He shrugged his shoulders. "But, I guess I have no reason not to stop now."

"Exactly." I pulled away and smiled, placing my hand against his cheek. "So, will you try?"

He sighed, his eyes shutting as he nodded. "Just for you."

I pulled away and flashed my teeth in an amusing smile, which made him lightly chuckle as he took both of my hands, lacing his fingers between them.

"When do your parents get home?" I asked and he looked away for a moment to think.

"Tomorrow." He said and for once, he actually looked happy about it. "Me and my dad are on really good terms right now. We've been spending a lot of time together."

"What about you and your mom?" I asked, but regretted it seconds later. His eyes fell and his hands loosened but I tightened them against my own.

"We're not speaking at the moment." He shrugged his shoulders, but I could see just how disappointed he looked about it. "We got into this huge argument which resulted on me walking out, when I got back she and my dad had both left for that business thing, I haven't seen her since."

"Oh." I quietly responded, not sure on what else to say.

"I said it from the start, Bella Smith. She's a temperamental bitch, I don't need her."

"Don't say that." I bit my lip, but he shook his head and smiled.

"Breakfast?" He instantly changed the subject, walking back into the house. I sighed, but followed him down the stairs, stopping behind him when he noticed the shattered glass and spilled water in the kitchen. "I forgot about that." He said, placing his hand against my stomach to lightly push me back. "Don't come near it Bella, I don't want you to cut yourself."