26

"Hello?" I quietly asked when my phone started vibrating against the counter. At first I wondered who would be calling at 3am, but when I saw Cody's name on the caller ID,  I figured maybe he had a reason.

"Bella Smith, did I wake you?" He nervously asked, something in his voice making me worry. I knew something wasn't right. This is the first time we had spoke in three days. "Shit, I woke you. I'm so sorry, you can just go back to sleep."

"No, I was awake." I honestly responded, not wanting him to hang up the phone. "What's wrong?"

I heard him sigh, then muffled noises came from the other end of the phone as he moved around in his bed, the sheets rubbing together. "I miss you." He whispered and I felt the butterflies flutter in my stomach. "I needed to hear your voice."

"You called me to tell me you miss me?" I softly giggled, turning onto my side and bending my knees. "I miss you, Cody."

He didn't say anything for a while, and the muffled noises on the other end of the phone started again. "Shit," I suddenly heard him mutter, his voice sounding a lot more faded. "Bella?"

"I'm still here." I responded, the wind hitting the phone when I think he opened his balcony door.

"Sorry, I dropped the phone." He nervously laughed, something still not sounding quite right in his voice. "Do you want to go to sleep?" He asked.

"No, I want to talk to you." I replied, pushing my hair out of my face. "I slept really late today, anyway. I'm wide awake."

"Well, it's a relief that you slept late, maybe not such a relief that you're wide awake." He chuckled. "But I'm glad, because I need to talk to you, Bella Smith." He breathed.

Something hit me deep in the pit of my stomach when I sat up and crossed my legs. I reached for my glasses on the bedside table and switched on the lamp, quickly putting them on since I didn't have time to go grab my contacts. "I knew something was wrong." I sighed.

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you, Bella." He nervously said, the wind hitting the phone when he sounded like he started wander up and down. "Come to your balcony door." He almost whispered.

Even though I knew that he couldn't see me, I nodded and swirled my body off the bed, my feet making contact with my wooden floor. I soon saw him, stood by his balcony door when I finally reached mine. "Okay, I see you."

He chuckled, "Since when do you wear glasses?" I smiled when he slowly pushed his fingers through his hair and watched me in deep concentration. "I didn't know."

"I only wear them when I don't have time to put my contacts in." I said, placing my fingers between the stick of the glasses to straighten them. "Sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked in amusement, leaning against the frame of his balcony door. "I like them, you look very-"

"Ugly." I interrupted with a laugh.

"Cute." He smirked before slowly licking his lips. "It's a good look for you, Bella. Wear them more often."

"No." I giggled, thinking about how stupid I would look walking through the hallway with glasses, people wouldn't recognise me. Or from what I think anyway, I look different. "I couldn't, they're not me."

"They're definitely you." He answered with a smile. "Please."

I sighed, leaning my head against the window. "I'll consider it."

Everything fell silent between us when he lifted his head up and smiled. His smile soon turned into a grin when I smiled back and my head dropped towards my wooden floor. "Don't look away." He whispered through the phone.