14

Over the past couple weeks, I had been spending so much time with Cody that I had forgotten about my homework that had piled up on me. So, for the last 3 hours I had been laid in the same uncomfortable position, studying for tests and finishing the last of the homework I had gotten from the 4 classes I forgot about.

I finally decided to move when I pushed my books away from me and stood up from my bed, stretching my body out and for a moment I stood in silence and watched the messed up sheets, scattered all over my bed.

There was a sudden knocking sound that came from my balcony door, which confused me, but I thought nothing of it until it happened again. Today was my mom and dads anniversary, so there was nobody home because he's treated her to dinner.

The panic feeling in my chest went when I pulled back the curtain. Cody's stood behind the door, waiting for me to open it. He didn't look happy, if anything, he looked sad.

"There's a door downstairs." I say as I open the balcony door, letting him in from the cold. Cody sighs, walking in and instantly sitting on the bed.

"My mom's pissed at me again, so I couldn't get down the stairs even if I tried." He fell on his back, but instantly sat back up noticing the work surrounding him. "I'm sorry, I'll just go if you're busy."

"Wait," I grab his hand to stop him from walking any further. His eyes meet mine as he waits for me to continue. "I've finished all my work, you don't have to leave."

He didn't answer to my last sentence, he just put his head down to the floor, silencing the both of us. There was definitely something wrong with him, something I couldn't ignore. So I took his chin in my hands and pushed his head up.

"What's wrong?" I whisper, taking his face in my hands. "I don't like seeing you upset." I frown, moving closer towards him.

"I don't like being upset." He sighs, moving my hands from his face, taking them in his. "I guess being away from you has it's side effects." He laughs, taking me by surprise.

"It's been less than a day," I smile, taking my hands away from his so I can wrap them around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder. "So, you miss me?" I ask, no longer looking towards him, but shutting my eyes.

"Well, I never said that." He smirks, pushing me forward so I fall against the bed. He crawls over me, kneeling over my waist.

I look up, meeting his gaze on mine. "Sometimes I just don't understand you." I giggle, not even trying to move away from his hold. He rolls his eyes, moving his forehead forward so that it's resting against mine.

Me and Cody haven't spoke about the kiss that happened one week ago. We hadn't kissed again, either. It was almost as if it never actually happened. But it did, because every time I close my eyes, I see his face before I leaned forward and kissed him myself, the anticipation getting the better of me.

"I'm still upset, but with my mom. It's not fair to let it out on you," He sighs, brushing a spare strand of hair out of my eye. "Come on a walk with me." He suddenly says, instantly changing the subject.

"Where do you want to walk to at 10pm?" I laugh, curiously.

Cody shrugs his shoulders, climbing off me, then taking my hand in his as he pulls me up. I watch him as he straightens his coat and looks back towards me with a smile on his face. "Anywhere, as long as I'm with you."

"Tell me." I demand as we walk down the street. Cody chuckles, his head still shaking as he takes his cigarette from between his lips and blows the smoke from the back of his throat. "Why won't you tell me why you're upset with your mom?" I sigh, stomping my foot off the ground as we walk.