6

The next morning I awoken to something different. Well, it definitely wasn't my bedroom, and the person snoring next to me wasn't my spare pillow, that's for sure. I sat myself up, almost too quickly as I pushed my hair out of my face before looking around.

Cody is laid next to me, his arm wrapped around my stomach with his legs bent as he snores, lightly. We'd fallen asleep last night, and I didn't know if his mom was going to kill him or not for spending the night at his so called girlfriends house.

I decided to take advantage of this moment as I laid back down and pulled my phone from the side of the chair to play some games with it on silent.

Cody was asleep for another 30 minutes before he woke up and for a moment, he looked as just as puzzled as I did when he first opened his eyes. "Bella Smith." He says, sitting up. His voice was croaky, he could barely finish his sentences which I found really attractive. "We fell asleep." He laughs, stating the obvious.

"I know." I pull my knees up to my chest as I rest my head against them. I watch him as he rubs his eyes and looks around the area he's sat in. "Won't your mom be worried?" I ask before pushing the cover off myself, letting the cold air mix with my skin.

Cody shakes his head as he pushes his fingers through his hair. "No," He says. "To be honest, half of the time I don't think she cares." He finished his sentence with a yawn before copying me and standing up from the chair.

I decide to stop asking questions about his mom, but the more he says about her, the more I begin to understand why he doesn't even like her in the first place. I can only imagine that his dad is the same.

"Breakfast?" I ask, walking into the kitchen. I grab two glasses and place them on the counter before walking over to the cupboard. "I don't know about you, but I fancy pancakes."

"Pancakes are good." He laughs as I pull out a bowl, along with the pancake mix. He grabs the orange off the counter and pours it into the glasses as I slide about in the kitchen, looking for the ingredients to make the pancakes with.

"I hope you were okay with staying last night, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you or anything." I laugh as I crack and egg into the bowl. Cody shakes his head as he comes over and picks up the whisk to mix it with.

"It's better than being at home. Don't worry about it." He chuckles as he picks up the bowl and walks around the kitchen as he begins to mix it.

"You need to add the water." I giggle, following him as he walks around the middle island. He only rolls his eyes as he picks up the pace. "Cody, you can't make the pancakes without water. Look, it's not even mixing properly." I laugh as I run up to him and wrap my arms around his neck, attempting to get the bowl out of his hands.

"Bella Smith, I think I know what I'm doing!" He laughs as he fights for the bowl. "Go and sit over there. I will cook you the best pancakes you've ever had."

"You'll burn my house down." I giggle as I back away from him, but still keep up a fight to get the bowl back.

"Bella." He sighs as he walks over to the sink. "You live in a semi-detached house with my house as the one stuck next to yours. Why would I even think about burning it down?"

"Good point." I sigh as I pull out the stool to sit on it. "Alright, but these better be the best pancakes I've ever had otherwise we cant be friends anymore." I grin as I rest my chin on my arm that's leaning against the counter.

"I get to decide when this friendship ends, not you." He smirks as he adds the water and starts mixing it again.

"Actually, it's a mutual decision." I answer, amusement clear in my tone. Cody sighs, but ignores my comments and continues making me what he calls the best pancakes I'm ever going to have.