17

1 week later

Jughead hasn't left side since the whole shock situation. To be honest, I don't know if I ever want him to leave. He makes me feel safe, and loved. He cares about me. My living room feels dull, after Chick moves out a few days ago it feels.... empty. I sit on my couch, scanning my kitchen. I study my home with open eyes, everywhere I look I see a black hole. Jughead is in the corner watching me study everything. "You okay Betts?" He asks which makes me jump. I nod my head still staring around, he lays next to me putting his head on my lap. "I don't believe you." He hums making me chuckle.

"I'm fine." I whisper to him. My hand in his hair twisting it between my fingers.

"It okay to not be okay." He tells me. I nod my head at him. "I love you." 

"I love you." I chuckle. His head still on my lap I lean down placing a kiss on his lips. "We have a meeting today." I whisper in his ear. He groans turning on his side burying his face in my stomach.

"I hate you." He growls into my shirt.

"I thought you love me." I play along.

"I don't know anymore." He laughs. Sucking on my teeth I put my hand in my heart.

"That hurts." I whine. He laughs at me cupping the sides of my face. I remove my hands from his hair reaching for a pillow behind me. Hitting him in the stomach catching him off guard, he jolts up from my lap. I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe, I run off to my bedroom closing the door behind me. Turning around so I can grab a pillow for protection, a draft fills the room. I search the room around me seeing a wide open door. I walk towards the door the pillow in front of me, can't find him anywhere. I drop the pillow in front of me, it bounces off the ground. "Jug." I choke but my breathing hitches, feeling like I'm turning blue. Then arms snake around my waist calming me down.

"Your safe, I'm sorry." He whispers in my ear. I feel like I can breathe again. I turn around pulling myself close to him. He places his arms around my body picking me up. We sit down again only with me hugging his body. "It's Okay. Your fine." He is whispers softly. I nod my head against his shirt. "I want to show you something." He tells me.

"Okay." I get up from his embrace, he following after. Leading me out of the apartment his hand in mine. FP giving Jughead a questionable look as we're walking out of the bar. Jug leads me to his bike, hoping on the front of it. I smile a little jumping on the back behind him. I hold onto his torso tightly as he sped off. The cold wind hitting my face relaxed me, it felt like time just stopped and I can breathe. That's when the bike stoped in front of bright green trees along a dirt path. He took my hand as we started to walk along the path.

"Do you trust me?" Jughead questions me after about ten minute of walking down the path. I nod my head slightly, his smile grows across his face when he leads me off the path. I look around while we're walking. My smile grows bigger and bigger when I see peace within the trees. The birds fly around us to there families. Leaves blow in the soft wind wrestling together. We stop in front of meadow of yellow and white flowers, a lake in the corner. I look around in awe when I see a tree house in the last tree in sight. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." I breathe out in awe. We spent most of the day swimming in the lake that settles in the corner. I was laying in the meadow using the sunlight as my towel. Me only in my bra and underwear, Jug sits next to me looking at me lovingly. "What's your biggest dream?"

"What?" He asks me kind of laughing.

"Something that if it happens you'll be the happiest." I announce.

"I don't know, I haven't really thought of that." He responds disappointed. "You?"

"I want to have a family. Feeling like I have a purpose." I say. He lays down next to me still gazing at me.

"You do have a purpose.. and you will have a family." He tells me. I smile a little,

"I just want to make someone's life better then mine was." I mumble.

"And you will... I promise." He promises. I stand up pulling him up with me.

"We need to go. We don't want to be late for our first meeting." I shout pulling on my pants.

Time pass

I lay in bed looking up at the ceiling, Jughead's face is buried into the crook of my neck passed out. I hear his soft breathing, a peaceful comforting motion. I start thinking about my future. I smile at the thought of little kids running around a house, smiling and laughing at they're father. Who I hope will be Jughead in the future.