3

Here I lay in bed, all alone. The soft grey walls are now looking dark blue from the lack of light. Sighing out a sigh of relief, finally a night without the nightmares. I sit up with a giant grin upon my lips. Maybe they stopped, maybe seeing him for real cut the wires. My eyes don't adjust to the darkness as quick as the normally would, so I turn on the light. The golden light shines in my face, I turn around to be presented with the shadow. Only his face is visible. His eyes the blue I saw in the bar, but behind that color it was empty. Having the widest creepiest grin on have his face, laughing at me. Just standing there with my eyes wide, I step to the side starting to run. He chases after me throughout my apartment, going underneath the dining room table. Knocking over chairs as I ran, then arms snaked around my waist pulling me closer. He picks me up throwing me into the table causing me to blackout.

I awoke again, to the same dark blue walls I first woke up to. Water hitting my collarbone whilst I lay flat on my back. Hyperventilating I stand up from my bed grasping onto an umbrella. I tiptoe outside my bedroom not even bothering turning on the light. I search for any sign of the person, his terrifying smile, empty blue eyes. Finding nothing. Not even a scent to indicate he was here. Calming down I drop the umbrella in the middle of the floor. Walking down the stairs I'm met with him. He looks at me with confusion in his eyes, "are you okay? I think I heard you scream." He whispers to me. I don't respond I just stare at him with 10 times more fear then I had before.

Blinking out of my fear, I mumble back "just a bad dream." He nods back at me. When the door swings open to revel Sweetpea.

"Are you okay?" He screams at me. I nod back at him before he picks me up spinning me around.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask him after he puts me down. He looks at me with his eyes widen and pulls me to the side so Jughead wouldn't hear.

"You called me saying he is here." He whispers at me. I chuckle at him

"That's impossible, I didn't know he was here until I walked down here." I whisper back gesturing towards Jughead.

"You have a nightmare?" He questions me. I hum in response, "You called me during it again, but apparently some of it came true." He says loud enough so he could hear. I punch his arm leaving a bruise.

"Don't say that, ever." I sternly claim. Walking back upstairs with Sweetpea following behind.

"Betty," he chased after me.

"What!" I scream at me. "It's not my fault that he is the one, okay!" I scream at him not caring who is now listening. "It's not my fault." I repeat softer this time, stepping through the doorway closing the door behind me. Sliding down against the door sobbing, the blur from tears building up in my eyes was blocking my view. The view of the same wood stained dining room table. The chairs around the table were the same chairs that were thrown around in my dream. Sobbing harder I listened to not only my sobs but the ticking of the clock. Ticking that reminds me time passes by, along with my problems.  Before I knew it I was interrupted by sunshine spilling into my room. The stars were long gone and were replaced by blue partly cloudy skies. Pulling myself together I get a pair of black leggings. Pulling those over my legs, and pushing a tight grey quarter sleeve shirt down from over my head. The last thing I do is tie the laces of my black combat boots. Racing down the stairs I run towards the door praying not to run into anybody. Luckily I didn't, I hang my legs on either side of my motorcycle starting its engine. That is until I hear a yell from behind. FP. I turn around to see what he was yelling at, only to see him staring at me. "Not now, FP." I shout before riding off away from the bar.

I drove all around Riverdale for what felt like hours. Finding myself on a dirt road surrounding by trees and bushes. Going so far into the area, the only opening is the sky above the trees. I get lost, stopping my bike. I look around for anything familiar. That's until I hear a low chuckle.

"You following me Betts?" The low voice says. I look ahead to find Jughead. I giggle at his remark.

"Why would I be following you?" I ask him still giggling.

"I don't know.... you stalking me?" He responds. I chuckle harder then my giggling.

"In your dreams." I snark at him. Pulling my helmet back over my head.

"And apparently I'm in yours." He adds to my comment.

I stop dead in my tracks. "How do you know that?" I question him

"My dad." He whispers.

I scoff. "Hop on!" I yell over the engine, I drive off to the bar now recognizing where we were. I pull my legs off the bike stomping into the bar. "Forsythe Pendelton Jones Jr!" I scream swinging the doors open. FP walks out from the office, his eyes wide. "You told him!" I shout at him. "You And Sweetpea on the same day." I mumble.

"I only told him, so he knew why you freaked out the other day!" He screamed back at me.

"I trusted both you and Sweetpea and you both betrayed me. You promised me you wouldn't tell!" I sobbed at him.

"Stop your crying, your just weak." He shouts at me

"Really I'm the weak one!" I scoff at him "I'm not the one that drinks my problems away!" I yell at him again. "I'm the one that helps you back on you feet, I'm the one that stops you before you burn down a building, I'm the one that tells you it's going to be okay after you literally throw me across the room! But I'm the weak one for having nightmares, since my mother died." I scream at him no longer having tears to cry. I look around the room to see every serpent in the bar looking at me. "You enjoy the show!" I yell at them making them all jump. I look back at FP who has regret covering his eyes. "I trusted you." I talk softly this time. Pushing past people I walk outside dialing a number on my phone. "Meet me at pops in 10." I talk into the phone before driving off on my bike to the old fashioned diner.