10

I wake up in a hospital bed alone, I rip the covers of my body exposing my skin underneath. Throwing my feet at the ground I stand up from the mattress. The hospital gown drops down to my knees, tearing the i-vee out of my arm. I walk out of the room up the stairs to my apartment. Grabbing the nearest blanket dropping on the couch. The room cold that I can see my breath. Laying down I curl up in the tightest ball I could. The room was light enough that I could find my way around, like the box I was put in. Why was it easy to get out? The more I think about it, it's almost like they wanted me gone. They are planning something bigger. I jump out of my position sprinting to my bedroom. Grabbing yoga pants, a sports bra, and my serpent jacket. I rush to FP's office, I look for files on me and my family. Along with files in Veronica Lodge, Archie Andrews, Kevin Keller, Sweetpea, Toni Topaz, FP Jones, and Jughead Jones. Studying each file I look for history, I look for past serpent files as well. Looking at past attacks made by other gangs and enemies. Photographs of wounds, studying mine in the mirror. None are similar to mine. 'He's going to do something completely unexpected.' I whisper to myself. I flip my hair to the side of my head getting it out of the way. I pick up Archie's file something falling out. A paper, letter.

Dear FP,
I'm looking out for Betty, I'm afraid that Hal is planning something big with our old friend Veronica. They won't tell me many details about the stunt they are planning, all I know is wait for the first sign. Something too easy.
~ Archie Andrews
I scoff. "Betty what are you doing here." FP asks me throwing his bag on the ground.

"Wait for the first sign.. something too easy." I recite from the letter.

"Where did you get that?" He growls reaching for the letter.

I pull the letter away from him. "It's happening, he put me in an unlocked box so I could get out. They let Jughead in so he could find me." I sigh "they covered it up with the shocks, infected cuts, and the wound on my leg. Why no bruises?"

"Because he didn't rape you" FP says.

"That's the thing, every time I come home with bruises, or I wake up naked, or when I wake up relived I'm shown a video to remind me. Why didn't he torcher me worse?" I state "I gave him the chance, he had me in his hands." I whisper squeezing my hand shut.

"Betty.." FP warns.

"The scars and wounds I have, doesn't match any of those pictures. He's planning something unexpected. Soon" I hum. FP's eyes widen, he picks up the folder with the wound pictures. I take off my jacket so he can examine my scars better.

"Go get shorts on," He demands. I sneak back into my apartment, slipping on a pair of shorts. I walk back into the office to find Jughead right by FP. I walk closer to them, FP kneels down to examine the scars and wounds on my legs. "Incredible." He mumbles.

"I told you, none of them match. He's been planning this for years." I declare "even the stab wound doesn't match." I explain. Jughead stares at me intently. FP grabs his camera starting to take pictures of my body. "He's using special weapons." I mumble under my breath to myself. FP looks up at me signaling for me to repeat. "He's using special weapons." I repeat more clear.

"Your right, something he's making." FP says. I nod, he finishes with the pictures. I look up at Jughead, he's still staring at me. I pull my jacket back over my shoulders. I pull my hair back into a messy bun, looking back over the files. "Jughead come here." FP calls him over.

"Wait," everyone stops in their tracks. "He as a minion, here." FP looks at me.

"How do you know?" Jughead asks me.

"He knows when we're most vulnerable, when I'm most vulnerable. He wouldn't know that unless he's on the inside." I explain. "These past few months, dealing with my mother gone as been extra hard with the dreams. Only people that see me everyday knows that." I explain more.

"Someone knew." FP adds.

"Exactly. But how recently?" I question.

"3 months ago." FP states. "That's when Archie sent me the letter." I nod.

"We need to talk to Sweetpea." I claim. I run to grab my phone calling Sweetpea. "Come to the office now." I say into the phone.

A few minutes later there's a knock at the door. "Betts what's so urgent?" He asks.

"It's happening.. he has a minion." I say while pulling him in a hug. "FP got a warning letter from Archie 3 months ago. So we think it's one of the new recruits from that time." He nods, he walks over to the desk unlocking a drawer. He pulls out a folder, "we haven't been recruiting that much lately." He explains on how there's one folder. I open the folder, reading the names out loud.

"Trev, Jughead, Chick, Josie, Cheryl, Reggie, Ethel." I list. "Seven in the last three months."

"Are they all suspects." FP asks.

"Cross Cheryl off the list, I made her join for protection." I say putting the file down. Sweetpea nods.

"Still got your talent?" FP asks. I laugh at him.

"I don't call it a talent, more like a curse." I chuckle.

"Who ever it is better watch out." Sweetpea adds.

"What's this talent that you guys are talking about?" Jughead asks.

"Betty can tell when anyone is lying." Sweetpea says. I hit his arm. "B name one time when you were wrong." I sigh at him knowing he was right.

"Betty who do you want to start with?" FP asks me.

"Trev." I state looking at all three boys, something was off with Jughead. "You okay?" I ask him. He hums looking down at my scars. "Long time ago." I sigh picking up the files that were on the floor and desk.