nineteen.

"Why didn't you tell me when you first met me? Why now?" I ask, tears flowing out of my eyes.

"Because you would've thought that I was crazy. Would you believe a random 43 year old man who hangs out a whole bunch of 20 year olds?" He questions.

"No, I guess not.. Does this mean that I'm not fully related to Jasmine?" I ask.

"No, no you're not. Her dad is the man that raised you both," Jaso replies.

"Is there anything else I should know?" I ask.

Jason looks at Trisha, as if he knew something but didn't want to say it. Trisha raised her eyebrows, as a way of telling him to do it.

"You.. You have a younger brother.. Not Wyatt, um.. He's Jasmine's twin.." Jason says.

I storm out of the house, not able to look at Jason anymore.

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, trust me.

But I can't.

He's waited 2 years (since knowing me) to tell me that he's my father?? And that Jasmine has a twin?? What the fuck??

I go to Zane's car as David comes out of his Tesla.

"M? Maya, hey, what's going on?" He asks, seeing my tear stained cheeks.

"Jason.. He's my dad... And I'm not fully related to Jasmine and apparently I have a secret fucking sibling that I didn't know about.. I just don't fucking get it!! How could he lie?! How could he be okay with not fucking telling me within the 2 years that I've been around constantly?!" I rant to David.

David sighed before responding.

"He finally told you.." He says.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! You knew the whole time?!" I spat.

"He told me as soon as you and I started dating, and I wanted to tell you but I knew that he needed to do it because it's his story to tell and not mine," David responds calmly.

Yeah, he's right.

But I'm still pissed.

"Can I hug you?" He asks.

Normally, I'd probably say no to David, because ya know.. Awkward.

But I'm really upset right now, and Zane isn't out here to hold me, so I hugged David.

And it wasn't like a cute, small hug.

It was a giant fucking bear hug that consisted of me balling my eyes out on his black shirt.

He rubbed my back and 'shh'ed me to calm me down.

He whispered things like, "it's okay," and "I'm here for you," and "everything will be okay,"

I miss being around David.