Quotes 87: "The First Day of Christmas"

"The Twelve Days of Christmas"
This is an English Christmas carol that enumerates in the manner of a cumulative song a series of increasingly grand gifts given on each of the twelve days of Christmas. The song, published in England, in the 1800's was a song that was without music. It was as if it were made as as a Gregorian chant or rhyme. French in origin, for the French were staunchly Catholic. I found that this piece of history is greatly interesting about this song.
This is the Hymns and Carols of the
"Twelve Day's Of Christmas"

Origins
The twelve days of Christmas is number 1 was used in festivals and have a long history between the days of Christians, Pagans, Christmas, and the Winter Solstice. These were the days between Christmas and the Feast of the Epiphany, which accordingly ends on the Sixth Of January. This was according to some sources the first time the song was sung as a festal tide by the eastern Father, Ephraem Syrus, at the end of the fourth century, and was declared to be such by the western Council of Tours in 567 A.D. The laws of King Ethelred (991-1016), ordained it to be a time of peace and concord among Christian men, that all strifes between both sides of the Christians and Pagans must cease — and perhaps this was the beginning of the traditional Christmas truces observed throughout the English countryside's villagers. The song was the first too be sung during the time when the Nordic nations were actively engaged in taking over English People. But a cease fire was put into effect during this time on both sides of the isle, whether it was meant for the Pagans or the Christians they both were brought to a cease for peaceful Christmas.

"An Epiphany"

"These days were when the twelve days of Christmas began, people would never have participated in parties until the eve of Christmas. The festivities would not begin until after midnight when they believed that the Christ child was born. But after they passed the new law of the land, that they handled down through the years, everyone began to become greedy and the people knew that they could make this a profitable time of the year.
Soon Christmas festivities were beginning too start sooner and sooner each year, and that's how much they have done this and it is up until today's society that how it is. The fact according to history, is that Christmas begins on the eve of the Christmas Day and ends on the eve of the fifth night of January Sixth. The decorations all around us, should be taken down before this date according to this history also. After the sixth day, comes and decorations were disposed of, the time in church was the beginning of an another one.
The Epiphany starts then too remind us to remember the visit of the "Magi" or the three wise men who came from the west and through the city's reigned by King Herod. They asked if he knew where the Christ child could be found, for they had been following the great star in the eastern sky. These men were astronomically inclined and had asking knew of a happening date when the stars would align in the earth's sky and that it involved a child that was to be born under this great star. As they came near, their gifts they were bearing, were of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Each of these also played a part in his crucifixion and were the main products that prepared Christ's body to be placed in his tomb for burial.

"The Epiphany" is also called the moment of "sudden realisation". It derived from a Greek word that meant " to reveal" or make it our realization of Christ's death.

"The Twelve Days Of Christmas"
By,
Frederick Austin

"On the First Day of Christmas, my true love gave too me...
"A Partridge in a Pear Tree."
🎶🍐🌲🎶🌲

"🎶🍐🌲🎶🌲

MEC©️2018