Quotes 68: "A DOGS LIFE"

Dedicated to,
King Henry Hampton Campbell

Being a doctor, I guess my husband has been around death so much, that it's made him immune to the outcome from the people involved

Being a doctor, I guess my husband has been around death so much, that it's made him immune to the outcome from the people involved. But because he has been around it so much, he has found a way to put everything in his different place when he's done with that death and moves on to the next one. He gets away with this to think about the next one. But on my day, the doctor that other person I know being my husband, explained everything to me and in the meantime he has explain it too himself? But sometimes he can't understand these things anymore than the others do. But at least doesn't shy away from what he perceives as a place in time that is different from his. And he gets to move on.

There are two kinds of people that don't do well with sorting death out and there is the other who refuses too believe it until the bitter end.Those are the ones who refuses to understand anything about the death experience of anyone especially if that someone is a person that they happen to love. But my husband knowledge has always amazed me and by how I should get used to it's much needed clarity that goes through his mind daily.

Especially because he doesn't talk to anyone much about anything, but he is always a wonderful listener. That's why he's so brilliant at this job. When Hampton was killed, it was 9 pm at night and he was in Gadsden sleeping and I was here in Guntersville waiting on my best friend to make a move. It's a 45 minute drive, to come here to the lake and when he heard me on the phone his hysterical wife needed him to get here and take care of it all. And he came as soon as I called,because he could tell I was a hysterical mess by this time. Still, he managed to immediately drive up here, and give me his complete support.company, and from all that had happened that day and all of his thoughts that he was thinking about he came up with a reason why dogs don't live as long as people do.

He and my sons came here that night to see if they needed to go ahead and move Hampton to a spot they had foilhim in a grave. But the weather was so terrible and it had been raining all week so they decided to wait until the next morning. I told them that it would be a good idea if I didn't go outside to see where they were going to place him, then I told them to say a eulogy over him and say something nice about how Hampton lived. I stayed inside and cried because I loved him so much that I didn't want to watch them as they laid him out in the muddy hole. I surely didn't want that to be my last memory of him, so I stayed in my room crying to myself until I fell asleep.

When the three of them were finished burying him, they came into my room to tell me about where and how they had placed him. They told me they put his head looking towards the River Water in the back yard! I said that you did the right thing, because I know it's what Hampton would have wanted to be placed there, because he loved too run around and jump into the muddy water that came up to his belly. Sometimes he just stood there cooling off in the river water until he heard me calling him. After he would get out I of course would scream at him and he would look into my eyes like what did I do mom. Then he would get out of the water and sit down in the sun drying off before I would let him go inside. Now I wish I could scream at my friend one more time and get the mud off of him. I think now that I would not care if he came in with his muddy feet as long as he was here to do it for me again. Hampton loved to run out on the Pier and one day he did that. He had seen a boatload of fishermen and he was looking at them throwing the rods out in the water and he thought that they were waiting on him to play. I knew that they would probably be mad at me allowing him to interrupt their fishing, but all I could hear was the loud sound of laughter coming from that boat and Hampton trying to jump into the boat itself. That day, I wondered what that funny dog was thinking and it made me laugh right along with those men. That was just one thing that I remembered that made me laugh again, because I know he had a good life because he was free. Just as all of the animals should be free to do wander around and find something to get into, I was happy that Hampton just did that those things. That was how he lived here with me, and I am just happy that he did King Henry Hampton!