F O U R

Sorry I've dropped off the face of the earth recently lmao
~~ HAPPY 700💗!
I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Sorry I've dropped off the face of the earth recently lmao ~~ HAPPY 700💗! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

🔪JIMIN POV🔪

To most people, the background noise of the cafe would have been annoying.

The sounds of obnoxious laughter and random conversations making it impossible to get any work done. But for me, it was the exact opposite. I had never been able to work well in complete silence.
Or at least, this type of work.

I found myself humming in disinterest as I eyed the thick stack of reports in front of me.
As annoying as it was, the majority of my job consisted of me reading rather than being a badass.
Whoever knew there were so many restrictions on doing illegal things?

I huffed as I opened the packet to the first page. With a pen in hand and coffee by my side, I was in for at least an hour-long session of how not to die 101.
While granted, I have taken some considerably dangerous jobs over the years, this had to be on a whole different spectrum.

Gangs were some nasty shit.
It didn't take a genius to figure out that one wrong move would land you a bullet to the head.
I grimaced at the thought and took a deep breath.

I just needed to stay calm and treat this like any other job I've done. Do the research, follow the plan I made up, and get paid.
I was going to do this right, and I was going to keep myself safe while doing so.

My eyes flickered through the short briefing,
'As due requested, a thirty-five thousand dollar transaction will be made upon the completion of the Bangtan assignment taking place on the twenty-fifth of November,'

I quirked an annoyed eyebrow at the date,
Tomorrow night.
It seems as though Mr. Wang wasn't giving me much as much time as I had hoped to prepare.
With a scowl, I continued to read,
'This assignment singularly includes the collection of the trading goods taking place at the La Vie en Rose strip club. The deal is set for midnight. After acquiring said substances, you will directly deliver them to Wang Inc. where I will wait for you in my office.
This assignment shall remain low profile, further instructions are given in proceeding pages.'

I whistled impressed, taking a small sip of my incorrectly named coffee.
The La Vie en Rose. Damn.
I had only ever been to that club once—on the business of course, but even during that small glimpse of it, it was enough to leave a lasting impression.

From what I could gather, it was a playground for the rich. The high-end club required a direct invitation and the security was thick.
Yet I was going to manage to slip in.
I shook my head as a smirk started to pull against my lips.