T W O

JIMIN'S P

JIMIN'S P.O.V.

"Find someone else,"

Sure, it might have sounded a bit harsh, but in the grand scheme of things, I actually treasured my life and wasn't looking to die anytime soon.
My usual employer sighed,

"But Christian! This is a great opportunity to make a lot of money just-"

"No."

I took an uninterested sip from my coffee,
"Mr. Wang, you've paid for my services before, and you know I don't mess around with mafia shit."
I said in a very matter-of-fact tone,
"I'm looking for some quick cash, not something that's going to put my head on a fucking platter."
My voice came out sounding something more similar to a growl as I barked into the cellphone—a little louder than preferred too.
The couple that sat in the booth in front of me sat wide-eyed, sending worried glances over their shoulders as they obviously overheard the conversation.

Maybe taking business calls in the middle of a cafe wasn't such a good decision after all?

"Christian, you wouldn't even be coming into contact with them. It would be a quiet tailing job that only involves you getting pictures of them and where they're going. I'll even add in a bonus if you find out what they're smuggling."
I sighed, rubbing at my temples annoyed.

Pictures weren't very hard to get and Mr. Wang has always been a well-paying customer...
I can't believe I'm actually considering this.

"How much would you be paying me again?"

"How does thirty sound?"
The line went silent as I thought over the offer,
"Maybe if it's millions we're talking,"

Mr. Wang scoffed,
"Don't push your luck, Christian,"

I rolled my eyes,
"Fine thirty grand, and the bonus?"

Clients like Mr. Wang were always more generous with their money if I could manage to pull off the impossible. Not only would I grant their original request, but in certain cases—like this one, I would be willing to grant another. For more money of course.

"I thought you didn't take Mafia-related jobs?"

My patience was running thin,
"The bonus Wang. Or you can forget it,"

The line went quiet,
"Two grand."
I hummed and took another drink of my coffee,

"Make it five and just maybe you have yourself a deal. What are the parameters?"

I heard the blonde choke from the other side of the phone,
"F-five?"

I hummed once again, taking a slow sip from my coffee,
"Make it five, on top of the thirty or find someone else. Final offer."