Chapter 30

Two years later

Kassandra's POV

After the whole thing that happened with Lincoln, I was never able to fully reclaimed my popular status which was fine by me. Thankfully, my parents donated to the school so I avoided getting expelled.

Aaron and I went our separate ways and he avoids making eye contact with me at all times. He started dating purple-haired girl and they were the "it" couple for the last couple of years. But that was over now, in a couple of days we would be graduating and high school would be a thing of the past.

"Hey," Sophia waved as she made her way towards me.

"What's up?" I asked, closing my now empty locker shut. I can't believe high school is so close to being over. I got accepted to NYU for fashion and Sophia got accepted to Columbia university. I'm grateful that we wouldn't be far from each other next year and we could still stay friends.

"I was thinking that since it's Friday and our last day of school we should hit up the club." She wagged her eyebrows suggestively and I snorted.

"Sure." I shrugged. It seemed like we haven't been to the club forever. Actually, I think the last time I was there was when I met up with Asher.

Oh Asher.

It's been awhile since that name popped up in my head. He wasn't a guy that could be easily forgotten.

I wonder if he is as excited to graduate as I am.
I wonder if he's seeing anyone.
I wonder if he still thinks about me.
I wonder if he even cares.

What if I see him tonight? Just ignore him. I wonder if it would be that easy.

"What are you thinking about so hard?" Sophia's voice brought me back to reality. I realized that we were already outside and walking towards my car.

I sighed, "just thinking about how awesome living in New York would be," I smiled. It wasn't a total lie.

"I know" she squealed, "you are so lucky that your parents bought you an apartment."

I unlocked my car and shoved my backpack in the backseat. "I seen the apartment and it is actually way too big just for me to live on my on. I was wondering if you wanted to move in with me?"

Sophia screamed at a high pitched that I didn't know was possible to reach. "Are you serious?" She screeched, "I can't believe this! We are going to be roommates."

I smiled as I backed out the student parking lot silently grateful that high school didn't suck after my fall from grace.

***

The club was so crowded tonight that you couldn't step anywhere without bumping into anyone. Sophia grabbed hold of my hand and dragged me towards the bar where there was two empty seats next to each other. Thank God.

I looked around while Sophia ordered our drinks. I wanted to spot him but I couldn't make out a clear face in the sea of people.

I would like think I've matured these past few years. I didn't like what people thought about me especially after how Asher and I left things. So left my popular status behind me and became somebody that has a purpose. I traded in my fancy car and donated the money to underprivileged kids and I want to go to school for fashion so I can design clothes for kids who couldn't afford the fancy name brand.

I enjoyed who I became and I wanted to leave the past in the past. Asher was my past. But I can't seem to get him out my head.

I took my beer from Sophia and we clinked to finally graduating. I was aware that someone new plopped themselves in the seat beside me since the other guy left to go on the dance floor.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked him. I turned my attention back to Sophia.

"Can I get two beers please?" An eerie familiar voice responded. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and my eyes wide when I realized who it was.

I slowly turned my head towards him and stared in disbelief.

I can't believe he came tonight.

——————————————————————————
Hi
Sorry for the longggg wait. I'm also sorry that it's short
I just didn't know where to take this story. I hope you liked it! Don't worry updates coming soon and fast. Writing another chapter as we speak
In the meantime,

VOTE(100)
Comment (5)
Follow