Chapter 32

Hey dolls (In Kardashian voice) how is everyone quarantine? Hope everyone is safe. I know it's been awhile since my last update but to be honest, I didn't know where I wanted to take the story but here's for u all a new chapter! Im sorry but it is short and I wanted to write more but I also wanted to leave it at a little bit of a cliffhanger. soooo ENJOY

================================================================================

Kassandra's POV

I am not sure how long it had been since I stood in front of his door but I knew it was long enough that Sophia had told me to hurry up and knock already about five times now. I guess I haven't thought this all the way through. What would I even say to him? What if he slams the door on my face? WiI am not sure how long it had been since I stood in front of his door but I knew it was long enough that Sophia had told me to hurry up and knock already about five times now. I guess I haven't thought this all the way through. What would I even say to him? What if he slams the door on my face? With the way things ended between us, that seem most likely.

My hand slowly rose and I tap ever so gently on the door. It would be very embarrassing if I shit my pants on his porch when I am trying to be on Asher's good side. But that's the direction I feel like this is going. After a few knocks, the door flew open. I sucked in my breath. Asher came into view and a small gasp escaped my lips. A man shouldn't look this fine even when disheveled. His hair was unkempt and he let his beard grow out. He was wearing gray sweatpants and a white top. All I wanted to do at the moment is jump his bones.

Calm down Kass; keep it in your pants! 

We stared at each other for what seems like eternity, both of us scared to speak. Okay, I was scared, he looked indifferent probably wondering why I am at his doorstep in sweats and looking like I'm about to crap on his porch.

"U-m," I stuttered, "Hi."

Silence.

"I bet you are wondering why I am here." I said.

Silence.

"Well funny story, I—I ran into Jonah at the club tonight and I was hoping you were with him but obviously you weren't." I chuckled nervously. I waited for him to speak.

Nothing.

Well he hasn't slammed the door on my face, that's a good sign.

"So I am here to apologize for how I treated you the last time we spoke. You were trying to get to know me and I was a bitch to you." Again, a nervous laughter came out. This is not going so well.

"Let me guess." He finally spoke up. Hearing that voice again made my heart melt. A man shouldn't sound that sexy especially when there's so much pain in his voice. "Jonah told you about my mom, didn't he?"

"A-a-a-actually Sophia told me. Jonah gave me your address after I relentlessly begged him."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you here?"

I took a deep a breath. Why am I here? Why am I here? I honestly didn't know how to answer that. To apologize? To give my condolences? To pick up where we left off? To jump his bones? All of the above? I really didn't think this through.

"Truthfully, I wanted to see you," I confessed, "not for any particular reasons but to see your face and stare at those beautiful blue eyes." Okay, I am getting a little sappy even if all that I said was true. I miss him and he has been on my mind for two years now and I didn't want to forget him.

"Look," he sneered, "if you really wanted to see me, you wouldn't have waited two years to do so."

"I know but—"

"But what? You were too self-absorb in your own crappy life to care about someone else for once in your life?"

"That's not fair!"

"I'll tell you about what's not fair," he screamed, "the scrumbag who did this to my mother is still walking around free, that's not fair. What's not fair is that my mother is still in the hospital with minimal chance of surviving because we can't afford it. I can't save her! It's not fair that after everything, all I've been through and you making it clear that you wanted nothing to do with me, the only thing keeping me together, keeping me sane is the thought of you."

"I didn't—"

"Look nothing you say is going to change anything so just leave me alone." Before I could respond, the door was slammed on my face and I was left on his doorstep with my mouth gape open. Well that could have went better.

"You okay?" Arms wrapped around me. I almost forget that she was here. I nodded my head, unable to speak. "Maybe he just needs more time." She took hands and led me towards the car, away from his door. He had two years' worth of time. If I give up on him now, then everything everyone says about me would be true. I can't be selfish this time around.

"Here." I handed her my car keys. She looked confused. "I am not going anywhere tonight so just take my car and drive home. I'll pick it up tomorrow."

"Are you insane? He's not going to open the door for you and you will be here stranded."

I shrugged, "just go Sophia!"

"No," She argued, "I am going to stay here until I am sure you won't do nothing stupid."

I marched up the steps and pound on his door. You won't get rid of me that easily Asher Brooks!

================================================================================

PLEASSSEEEE

VOTE (100)

Comment (5)

FOLLOW

FOR NEXT CHAPTER!