t w e n t y.

"You're being discharged today." Luke informed me, sitting on the edge of the hospital bed. He smiled as his hand held mine. I nodded, returning the smile.

"Can I get a minute with my daughter?" My dad asked, turning to Luke. He nodded before slipping through the door and closing it.

"I'm sorry, If I had known that something like this would happen, I wouldn't have pushed it upon you. Mase, I'm so sorry." He apologized, looking hurt and sad that he was the one who caused this.

"No one would have known this could happen dad, not even me." 

"You don't have to come back with us. But there's got to be one condition." He paused, "We'll pay for your schooling here, whatever you want to study, but you have to check up regularly. You can't push yourself away from us anymore. I can't lose my only daughter." He admitted, my mom coming to sit next to him. 

She rubbed his shoulder soothingly, and I nodded to answer his conditions.

"I can see why you decided to stay, you've made quite a few friends." He chuckled as the boys sat outside the room.

"Yeah."

"However, I'm not too fond of that Luke boy, and the hole in his lip." My dad said, glancing over at Luke. I looked over, Luke looking away as if he were caught. I giggled, turning back to my dad.

"It's a lip piercing, dad." 

"I still don't like it. But I can't stop you from seeing him. I know he keeps you calm and makes you smile. That's all we'll ever want for you." He said wrapping his arms around me.

This was a rare, capturable moment, one I would never forget. Me and my dad didn't always get along back when I still lived at home. We never agreed on anything, and at times I was always blamed for things that would go wrong in his company.

But if he learned to put things like that behind us, then I could too. They exited the room, letting Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael inside.

I got up only to be invited into a big group hug.

"Band hug!" Ashton squealed in a kiddish voice. The room filled with laughter as we pulled away.

Luke continued to pack the rest of the little stuff my parents had brought for me. The only thing left was for me to change out of the hospital gown. 

My parents had missed their flight last night, so they ended up taking the next flight back. We dropped them off at the airport. My mom was in tears as she hugged me.

"I'm sorry for everything." I said, feeling my eyes well up a bit. 

"Don't be." My dad smiled, giving me one last hug. He kissed my forehead before they waved goodbye.

We got back into Luke's car as he drove me back to my apartment.

We stood at the door, Luke peering down at me with sparkling blue eyes.

"So," I paused, rocking on my heels.

After sleeping over at Luke's the other night, nothing of that night really ever came up. I didn't know if it should have or not. I didn't know how that worked. It was my first time. And obviously not for Luke. 

People usualy only had sex if they were a couple or friends with benefits, or had one night stands. And I didn't know what category we fell under, which confused me as to where Luke and I stood. We haven't really talked about that either.

"So?" Luke repeated, smirking.

"You know, about... the other night," I started, feeling awkward about bringing the subject up. I knew he could tell I was blushing because he chuckled.

"What about it. We had sex, Mase." His smile faded a bit, Luke continuing. "Wait, did I hurt you? Beca-"

"No, You didn't, but I feel like that's something that couples do, or friends with benefits. You know?" I admitted.

"Why are you asking?" Luke asked me, interested in my curiousity.

"I just want to know where you and I stand." I gulped, the words falling from my lips before my brain could catch what I said.

"Let's go inside and talk." He suggested. I realized now, that we had been standing outside my front door for at least fifteen minutes.

We shut the door behind me, and I set my stuff down. Luke led me to the couch where he sat down. I sat down next to him, crossing my legs with my hands in my lap.

"You know, ever since we met, I had my eyes on you." He admitted, taking my hands.

"But, why didn't you say anything."

"I know I told you this, but you were drunk, so you didn't remember. I never said anything because you were with Vince at the time. And I was dating Anna."

"Really?" I said, a bit surprised by his confession. I watched as Luke bit his lips nervously.

"Being with you any time I could get meant so much to me. Even if it was with the band. To see you smile, or scrunch your nose when you giggled." I blushed at his words.

"I knew then, there was nothing I could do for you to be mine. I realized everything slowly. Why I could never say I loved Anna. It was because I loved somebody else, more than anything."

Luke pressed his lips to mine, pulling my legs so that they rested over his lap. His hand rest on my waist, keeping me close to him. He pulled away, his forehead resting on mine as he stared at my lips.

"To answer your question, it wasn't just sex to me Mase, we made love that night." 

________________________________

© 2014 ILLUKEMINATTl. All Rights Reserved.