f o u r t e e n.

Luke took me into the city, where we walked aimlessly. The sky had slowly began to dim, the moon raising higher into the sky. People passed us on the side walk, some in a hurry to get by while others greeted and some didn't.

We had stopped into a few stores, looking for nothing in particular. We walked through some music store, the bell hanging from the door, ringing. A  woman greeted us before refilling racks.

Luke's hand found mine as we roamed slowly through aisles. I glanced at our hands, smiling before I stopped at a shelf of albums. He swung our hands back and forth a bit as he watched me search through a category of music.

"That's actually a good band, I used to listen to them all the time." He smiled, taking the cd from me to get a look at the back.

I watched as he unconsciously bit his lip. I admired the way he looked down at it before he caught my gaze.

"What?"

"Nothing." I smiled, brushing my hair back behind my ear.

My eyes caught sight of the familiarly odd colored hair above the short shelves. Michael placed a stack of cds away. I walked around to say hi. He watched as Luke stepped behind me a bit, the feeling of his letting go of my hand. It went unseen by Michael as he came closer to take a look at the cd I had.

"What are you doing here?" I asked smugly.

"I could say the same for you two..." He chuckled handing it back to me, "Hey, this is a good pick. Did you guys need anything else?"

Luke shook his head silently, not speaking another word. It was unlike Luke to stay silent, especially when it came to Michael, one of the people he was the loudest with. 

"I didn't know you work here." I spoke, reading the tag Michael wore with his name on it.

"The store I used to work at finally transferred me here. The other one was too far." He waved his hand as he walked back to the register to take care of a few customers.

Luke scratched his head uncertainly, his eyes shifting from time to time, often making their way to the front counter.

"Luke, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said, fixing the snap back on his head.

He became anxious over time, making me feel pressured as I walked around the rest of the store. I made my way to the register, Michael's face lighting up as we stood before him.

"You ready for practice Luke? We have to show Masen our new song." He said, ringing up the two cd's I handed him.

He placed it in a bag before waiting. I took out my cash, ready to hand it to Michael when Luke quickly handed him his own.

Michael asked no question, uninterested in why Luke would even pay.

"See you." Luke spoke before throwing a quick wave in Michael's direction.

"Do you wanna get something to eat? Besides pizza..." I whined, turning to Luke.

His expression had changed, less tense and more lively again. A small grin played on his lips as he peered down at me.

"Sure."

We walked, not finding a place to eat, but instead found ourselves at a bowling alley. Luke's smile grew wide as he stared the sign on the building.

"Have you gone before?" Luke peered down at me. He played with his lip ring as he looked at me again.

"Not in a while. Fair warning though, I suck."