o n e.

"You're kidding me right? You're going out with her again?" I asked. Luke laughed as he pulled his shoes onto his feet. His red flannel adorned his torso as his black skinny jeans hugged his legs. He fixed his hair in the mirror, before smiling at his reflection.

I think Luke knew just how handsome he was, he was just playing it off. Though there were times where he would make it obvious. He had his cocky moments.

But he was my best friend and I didn't mind it. It was something I learned to grown used to. It had been  a while since I met Luke and his band and honestly I could not be any closer to a group of guys. It was surprising to say the least. I assumed that moving out here, I'd be making a group of friends that were girls. And the exact opposite had happened.

I rolled my eyes as I watched Luke fly all over his living room.

"I can't hang out with my girlfriend?" He raised a brow, a playful smirk on his lips. His tongue toyed with the piercing on his lip before he turned to me.

"You are late for your date again Luke." I shook my head, crossing my arms.

"Don't wanna be too late. She complains about it all the time." He chuckled before disappearing out the door, shutting it behind him.

So much for hanging out with Luke like we planned.

He had invited me over to watch movies, but his girlfriend always came before me. Or at least it always seemed that way. We always hung out. We were that close, but when he wasn't with me or his band, he was with Anna.

Of course I had to share Luke. He had a band.

And a girlfriend. One with too many priorities to even give Luke the attention he should have been getting. I noticed it anytime I bumped into them or when Luke invited me to hang out with him and Anna.

"So what happened to Luke. He called us to come over." Michael said, Ashton and Calum following in one after another. Calum tackled me into a bear hug before sitting next to me. Ashton plopped onto the recliner while Michael walked off to Luke's kitchen, rummaging through the fridge.

"Anna happened." Ashton shook his head before grabbing the remote and switching through the different channels. I sipped soda from my cup, watching as he continuosly searched through the channels.

"It's okay Masen. He does that all the time to us. It's not just you. He even ditches band practice to go and fuck Anna." I coughed up a bit, choking on my drink. Calum laughed hysterically before patting me on the back and holding my cup before handing it back to me. My eyes widened, and I took a drink from the cup to clear my throat from choking what I just drank. I laughed at the irony and Michael rolled his eyes.

"Let's be honest. He drops everything just to watch her breathe." Calum joked. I slapped his arm, slouching into the couch. His cheeky smile remained as I could tell he was proud of his statement.

"So what. He'll be crying back to us when Anna doesn't pay him any attention." Ashton laughed, unfazed by our staring. "He always does."

"Come on Ash, aren't you being a little too harsh on Luke? He loves the girl." Michael defended. 

"He's a lost puppy without Anna." Ashton scoffed, slouching back in the chair. 

Ashton was right and we all knew it. We just didn't want to break it to Luke. He knew it as well, but if he admitted it, we don't know what he would do.

We all sat silently, slouched around the couch and lounge chairs. Moments ago, we had sent Calum to get some take-out since all of us were starving and he had yet to return.

The door handle wiggled a bit and stopped seconds later. I stood from my spot on the couch, getting ready to open the door before Calum could.

"Finally- we've been- Luke?" He stepped inside, shutting the door. His shades covered his eyes. His fingers grasped the shades, pulling them away from his face.

"Back so soon?" Michael asked, sarcasm filling his tone. He turned to Ashton, who had smirked.

"She cancelled last minute. Who's up for some movies?" Luke asked us, his eyes watching us as we all nodded. He held up his hand, holding up a few DVD cases and a bag of snacks. I grabbed the DVDs, popping in the scary one first.

Luke spent a bit of time in the kitchen, heating up three bags of popcorn. I handed on to Michael who sat on the floor, slouched up against the bottom of the loveseat. Took the second, tossing it to Ashton, who successfully caught it.

I sat back on the couch as Luke handed me the bag before sitting next to me. He mindlessly threw an arm over my shoulder as he rested his feet on the coffee table, crossed over one another.

This was a normal thing between Luke and I. We weren't weird around each other, we were to close for something like that. And anything that happened between me and Luke like this, the band never thought anything of it.

They all knew Luke belonged to Anna. But I didn't care about that, because to me, Luke was my best friend. The one person I could go to if I needed a talk, to hang out with. Do practically anything together.

And inside I knew that I was his.

________________________

© 2014 ILLUKEMINATTl. All Rights Reserved.