s i x.

"Can you please tell me why you are ignoring Luke?" Calum asked as he spotted me, defending his best friend. He sat across from me at a table we were sitting at. We were at this diner in town, my favorite one because they had the best hot chocolate.

"I'm not ignoring him..." I scoffed, taking a biscotti from my plate and dipping it into the chocolate. I avoided his eyes, never looking his way.

"Come on Masen, he knows you are. You aren't calling him back, you haven't texted him in three days. He's worried about you. Are you mad at him? Because-"

"No, I'm not mad." I sat back in my chair, losing my appetite. I swirled my spoon in the mug of hot chocolate, watching the creme dissolve.

"He wants to talk to you Masen, he said it's important." Calum informed me. He got up from his chair leaving the diner. I watched through the window as he got into Luke's car that just drove up. The passenger side window rolled down, Luke's eyes meeting mine for a split second.

I slouched in the chair, awkwardly looking back at the table, taking interest in the mug. I looked back to see that Luke looked forward with disappointment before the window closed up and he drove away.

I suddenly felt bad, ignoring him like this. He didn't deserve the way I was treating him.

I walked back to my place since today was nice out. It took a bit of time but it was managable. The crisp breeze felt nice against my skin along with the warmth of the sun.

It took about 20-30 minutes, but I had finally made it home. And with much to my surprise, Luke's car was parked by my apartment.

"Where's Calum?" I asked, standing in front of Luke who I had gone unnoticed by. His hood was on his head, hands in his hoodie pocket as he stared back at me now.

"Dropped him off and then came here." He said rather emotionlessly. His voice was bland, which was unlike Luke.

I unlocked the door, letting him inside. He shut the door behind him.

"Did you get my texts and calls?" He asked abruptly, seeming anxious than he had been when I encountered him.

"I- I forgot to reply. Sorry." I said, dropping my bag on the couch. I made my way to the sink, washing the rest of the dishes from this morning.

"For three days Mase? You could have at least told me you were okay." Luke said, leaning against the counter beside me.

"I said sorry, okay Luke?"

"Are you ma-"

"No I'm not mad." I said, stopping the dishes all together. I took the towel drying my hands before opening the sliding door and standing on the porch. I leaned against the rail, my mind flustered.

"There's definitely something bothering you Mase. Did I do something wrong?" He asked, shocked by my behavior.

"No." I said, staring into the distance. I did anything I could to avoid his eyes.

"Mase." He said, sounding hurt. It was hard keeping from his pale blue eyes, but once I turned around, Luke's lips crashed into mine. He held my waist, his other hand brushing hair away from my eyes and cupping my face. I kissed him back, but pulled away as I remembered what he had told me.

About how Anna wanted him back.

"Luke, you- you have a girlfriend..." I managed, taking a breath.

"That's what this is about Mase? About Anna?" He said backing off, hurt by the fact that I had been avoiding him because I was jealous.

"I wouldn't have kissed you if I was still with Anna. Forget it, I should have never done that. I don't know what I was thinking." Luke said frustrated.