f i v e.

The boys had done another great show. More people ended up here than we had initially expected. They were ecstatic to see the turn up was a larger crowd. I smiled as I watched the band leave with huge smiles.

We exited the venue, the last of their equipment in Ashton's truck.

"Hey, we're gonna head out, you need a ride Masen?" He asked, setting his bag in the passenger seat. He turned on his heel as he waited for a reply. I opened my mouth to respond, but Luke answered before I could get a word out.

"I'll give her a ride, if that's okay Mase?" Shocked a bit, I nodded, waving goodbye to the rest of them.

I silently slid into the passenger seat, waiting for Luke.

He had waited til Ashton's truck was clear out of the way before he backed out and drove off. The air in the car was silent yet again, an awkward silence that always seemed to fall upon Luke and I, whenever we were alone.

We had passed a few blocks south of my apartment and that's when I knew something was up.

"Luke, where exactly are we going? We passed the apartment complex already..." I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest. I watched as he sat silently, focused on the road before him. A smirk played on his lips as his hands remained on the wheel.

"You don't trust me Mase? Come on, I'm your best friend." I rolled my eyes, scrunching my nose at the sound of his voice. He shook his head and laughed.

"Fine." I one-wordedly answered him.

"We're taking the long way home." He said, stopping at a parking lot.

In front of us was a small playground. He ran out of the car, sitting on the swing and kicking his legs to go higher. I sat in the next one, kicking at the dirt, my mind focused at the ground.

"That was the best show yet." I giggled, watching as Luke's childish side started to show. He seemed so carefree at the moment and it was the best look for Luke, considering he had alot of worries all the time.

"You say that after every show..." He smirked, holding onto my swing as he sat there.

"But it's true, you guys get better and better. And more people show up every time." He shrugged, agreeing with my statement.

"If I tell you something, you promise to keep it a secret?" Luke asked, suddenly changing the subject. I stared at him curiously, his eyes shifting from mine uncomfortably.

"Of course."

"Anna wants to get back together..." He said, flinching as if I would be the one to yell at him for making a wrong decision.

"Oh." Was all I said, my eyes leaving his. He cleared his throat, his eyes moving to the ground.

"I know the boys wouldn't agree. Are you mad?" He asked.

"Why would be mad? Hey, I need to get home." I asked back. I stood up, walking back to his car. I sat in the passenger seat, buckling the seat belt.

He couldn't be fine with that.

Getting back together with Anna. It was like fixing something that was never broken. Except in their case, their was nothing their at all. We all knew it, even Luke.

"You want me to stay over?" Luke asked, uncertain if I would answer. I was mad, because he was making a wrong choice. Of course it was his choice, I couldn't stop him. So I couldn't stay mad at him.

"Sure." I smiled. It took a few blocks to get back to my apartment.

"Hey go ahead, I have to grab my stuff." He said, opening the trunk to his car. I nodded, making my way to the door. I stepped inside, placing my bag on the couch. I walked over the the cabinet, grabbing a glass and filling it with water.