Chapter 11

Authors note: So this chapter hasn’t been edited (my editor has vanished), so sorry for any grammar errors and whatnot. And sorry for not updating for so late, I was waiting for my editor to edit the chapter but then some time passed and she didn’t reply or anything so I just decided to go ahead and upload the chapter! 

And oh my gosh, thank you so much for ALL the AMAZING, suggestions you gave me for Josh’s room! I actually got a little emotional reading them, they were all just so amazing and funny and you guys all thought about Josh and I don’t know, I just felt so loved, since technically I invented Josh... yeah, so thank you! I really do love you all.

****************************

TALIA’S P.O.V

“Where are my sunglasses?!” My mom cried, swinging my bedroom door open. Just what you want, to be woken up on Monday morning at seven a.m. for a pair of sunglasses.

“I don’t know!” I yelled back, throwing the covers off my head and sitting up straight, before collapsing back down.

“You borrowed them last week!” She said, ignoring me.

“No, I borrowed them last year, now leave me alone!”

“I know you have them Talia,” she insisted.

I scowled and sat up, “No. I. Don’t.” I hissed, picking up a pillow and throwing it at her.

She opened her mouth to object but ended up being cut off by my dad, “Honey I found them!” He shouted, waving them in my mom’s face, “They were in your purse.”

“See? Now can you please leave me alone?” I asked, groaning and rubbing my eyes.

“You have to get ready for school and Nate’s giving you a ride to and from school from now on, so don’t be late,” my mom said, turning around to leave my room.

“Wait, what?!” I cried. “Since when is Nate giving me a ride? Sophie always gives me a ride.”

“He offered and since you’re going to be in the same house as him and everything, it’s more convenient. He also offered to pick Sophie up!”

“But Sophie’s still going to pick me up today…” I frowned in confusion, my mom didn't even like Sophie, why was she doing all of this?

“No she’s not. I used your phone to text her and told her told wait for you and Nate to pick her up. You’re welcome!” She smiled and left the room, leaving me to stare after her.

“Wait, you used my phone?" I yelled but she didn't reply. “Stupid meddling mother,” I muttered, climbing out of my bed and going into my bathroom and splashing some very, very cold water on my face.

I was ready in an hour, just in time to see Nate’s family say goodbye to my parents, unfortunately for me, I had to be there too.

“Have fun!” Susan said, waving as they both climbed into the car.

“We will! And be a good girl Talia!” My mom shouted, before slamming the car door shut. Trust her to say that before leaving.

I huffed and turned to Nate, who had been standing next to me the whole time while I ignored his presence. “Are you ready to leave yet?”

He shrugged and nodded, pulling his car keys out of his pocket, walking towards his car, me following behind.

“Have a good day at school kids!” Susan shouted after us.

“Yeah kids!” Josh echoed.

I stuck my tongue out at him and got in the car, slamming the car door.