Chapter 14

TALIAS POV

I was hungover.

I was so hungover, my brain still couldn't fully comprehend the fact that I was hungover. My eyelids felt so heavy that instead of opening my eyes, I just squeezed them shut even tighter trying to distract myself from how badly my head was hurting. My mouth was dry and my empty stomach was growling but I ignored it, instead I turned over so I was lying on my back and stretched out my arms.

"AARGH!" I cried almost a millisecond later, as my hand came into contact with something soft and sort of fluffy.

My eyes snapped open and I glanced to my side, only to see a half awake Sophie next to me.

I breathed a sigh of relief, realizing that my hand had not brushed against some kind of wild animal; it had just been Sophie's fluffy, untamed hair.

"Why the hell are you screaming at me?" Sophie mumbled from under the covers, slowly emerging, battling the covers off her as she did so.

The first thing I noticed was the fact that she looked like a wreck. She had been wearing quite a bit of black eye makeup last night, but since she hadn't taken any of it off, it had ended up all around her eyes so it looked like she was wearing two eye patches. Half of her bright red lipstick was on her chin and cheek and the other half had been wiped off, onto the previously clean white pillow. Most of her usually perfect hair was sticking up at odd angles, so all in all she looked like a hot mess.

I opened my mouth to say something but was quickly interrupted by my bedroom door swinging open and a wide eyed, shirtless Nate leaping in. "Is everything okay?" He yelled making me and Sophie wince simultaneously. He must have heard me screaming at Sophie.

Why is it that every time I screamed in this house, one of the Thompson brothers would immediately try to leap to the rescue?

"Everything is fine," I hissed forcing myself to look at him and not at his bare chest.

Also, why was it that the Thompson brothers never wore shirts?

Particularly Nate.

"Are you sure?" He whispered, quickly realizing that we were both not ready for shouting just yet. "You've gone really pink, you're not sick are you?"

I frowned, was I blushing; over Nate Thompson of all people? I had barely been awake five minutes and I already felt like shooting myself, what was wrong with me? Maybe Nate was right and I was sick, because never in my life had I imagined myself blushing over a guy who I hated with a burning passion.

I heard Sophie snort beside me and a look of realization came onto Nate's face before he smirked at me.

Stupid, arrogant idiot.

He knew I was blushing.

"I'm just peachy," I practically snarled at him, before ripping the covers off myself and storming out the room, shoving Nate to the side as I did so.

"Hey! You're the one that was checking me out," he called after me, "there's really no need to get angry at me."

"Fuck off," I mumbled, turning around to give him a cold look. Once again, he had successfully managed to piss me off. That boy didn't even have to try to make me angry; his presence alone was enough to drive me up a wall.

Sophie snickered before she stumbled out of bed and trailed after me.

"What happened last night," I mumbled, slowing down so I could talk to her as we made our way towards the kitchen, silently praying that Nate's parents weren't around. I hadn't heard anybody else's voice so I was assuming that we were safe.