Chapter 20

Author's note: Before you start reading I just want to say a BIG BIG BIG thank you to all of you that left me a comments suggesting how Nate should ask Talia on a date. There were so many about singing and popcorn and there was this one about Nate ripping his pants off and having 'DATE?' written on his butt that had me in hysterics. Unfortunately I couldn't use all of them but thanks so much for all of your ideas, they were amazing.

Enjoy the chapter!

***************************

TALIA'S POV

"Can't you stay and watch it with me?" I moaned, pouting at Nate who yawned back at me in response.

It was about 11pm on a Tuesday night and the entire Thompson household was asleep, with the exception of  me and Nate. I wanted to stay up and watch Mean Girls, but Nate was refusing to keep me company, claiming that he was too tired.

 "I can't, it's a school night," Nate whined.

"It's a school night," I mimicked, rolling my eyes at him. Clearly I had forgotten that Mr. Goody Two-Shoes couldn't stay up late on a weekday, he was far too obsessed with getting the right amount of sleep and waking up on time. "Whatever, I'll watch it alone."

"I did make you some popcorn though," Nate grinned at me, taking out the bowl from behind his back and handing it to me. "You're welcome."

My eyes immediately lit up and I grabbed it off him, shoving a handful into my mouth. "Thanks," I mumbled, but it was barely audible.

He simply shrugged and turned around, making his way upstairs and to bed. I watched him go silently, smiling to myself.

I was glad that we were friends again. Yeah, we didn't get along all the time but things were a lot better now and to top it off, he had even asked me on a date. I mean technically I had said no, but he had promised to ask me again and knowing Nate, it would be pretty impressive.

Truthfully, I couldn't deny the fact that I'd always had feelings for him and despite all our arguments and the time we'd spent apart, I still did like him.

I turned my attention back to the TV and continued eating my popcorn, enjoying the rare silence in the house.

I was almost halfway through the film when my popcorn ran out, but instead of me reaching into the bowl and finding nothing but air, I felt a piece of paper.

Frowning, I glanced down to find that there was a note there.

Meet me in the car.

- Nate

I paused the film and blinked at the note. Was he going to ask me out again tonight? He better be, because otherwise he was ruining my Mean Girls time.

I stood up, running a hand through my knotty hair and glancing down at my clothes. I was wearing grey sweatpants and a really old oversized Nirvana shirt, but I did not have the energy to change. Nate would just have to put up with my sloppiness.

Before leaving the house I stopped at the bottom of the stairs, "Nate?" I called. Couldn't blame me for checking, right? Maybe him and Josh were both just planning me on locking me out of the house and there was no date after all.

When there was no response I decided to go outside and down the drive, to where I knew Nate's car was parked.

"Your timing is absolutely crap," I mumbled, shivering with cold as I opened the passenger door and slid inside his car.

Sure enough, there he was. Unlike me, he had obviously changed since the last time I saw him and was now wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. His hair was messy and there were slight bags under his eyes, but he looked good nonetheless.