{48} End

P.o.V Malia

Today was my big day. I was going to get married to the boy I loved since I was 13 and I couldn't be happier.
"Come here, little sister."
Derek had entered the small room and I turned around to hug him. I had asked him to walk me down the aisle. Sure, my Dad could have done that too but I wanted it to be my brother, the only member of my family who really cared about me. Derek held out his arm and I gripped it.
"I love you, Mal."
I smiled at him. When I was younger, our relationship had been troubled but now everything was fine even though Stiles had broken up with him because of me.
We entered the church and walked down the aisle. Scott smirked at me and Stiles wiped his tears. Al, Lyds and Cora stood next to them and right before me Rose and Hope threw flower petals everywhere. When Derek looked Stiles intently in the eyes and told him to never let me go again, My focus was somewhere entirely else. I was scanning the crowd for one face. Was he there? When I spotted him, I started crying out of joy. He didn't ignore the invitation! Theo noticed my look and winked at me. The next thing I saw made me even happier. He lifted Izzy up and took her hand so she would wave at me. I waved back and smiled. I turned my attention away from my daughter and her father and back to my soon-to-be husband. Deaton, the veterinarian who Scott worked for and where we spend a lot of time as teenagers, had agreed to be the one to marry us.
"Do you, Mieczysław Stilinski, take Malia Elizabeth Hale to you wife? Answer now with 'I do'."
Stiles smiled lovingly at me.
"I fucking do. Oh my god! I just used a swear word in a church! I'm going to hell!"
Everyone started laughing.
"Buddy, there are kids in here!", whispered Scott in Stiles' ear but I heard anyways and laughed quietly. Deaton slightly rolled his eyes and sighed before talking again.
"Do you, Malia Elizabeth Hale, take Mieczysław Stilinski to your husband? Answer now with 'I do'."
"I do."
"I now pronounce you married. You may kiss the bride."
Stiles kissed me passionately and of course I kissed back. It was kinda wet because we both cried a bit. I heard sobbing near us. My two besties were holding onto each other and crying like crazy. I ran to them and hugged them hard.
"I'm so happy for you guys!"
"That was so beautiful!"
"Lyds, Al, I love you."
"We love you too, Mrs Stilinski!"
It was kinda weird to hear them say my new name.
"Thank you, Mrs Argent and Mrs Steiner."
"We are all married now."
Allison laughed. It was kinda crazy.
Next, I hugged my sister. Then I heard a  high-pitched voice behind me.
"Can I get a hug from Mommy? And can Daddy get a hug too?"
"Theo!" I laughed loudly before hugging him and Izzy.
"I'm so happy you made it."
"You actually thought I'd miss this?"
"Well, you kinda are my ex..."
"And I kinda let you go so you could marry the love of your life. Your happiness is and has always been my top priority. Are you happy?"
"Yes! Are you?"
"I am."
"Mommy."
We both jumped when Izzy spoke. It was the first time she said an actual word! Theo and I both had tears in our eyes. I took Izzy into my arms and held onto her tightly while she said "Mommy" over and over again.
Later, Scott came up to me. We hugged.
"Should we tell him?"
"Tell what to whom?"
"To Stiles."
"No. Nonono. We are not telling him."
"Why? You guys are married now."
"Scott. I love you. But right now you are being stupid. Can you even imagine how your wife is gonna freak out if I have to tell her that your best friend killed you? Then I'd have to tell her too and she would kill me. I don't need that kind of Drama at my wedding."
"I'm just saying..."
"No. I thought we had agreed on not telling anyone."
"I need him to know."
"You can't tell him! He'll think that was the reason I broke up with him!"
"Wasn't it? You felt so bad about it, you couldn't even look him in the eyes." 
"Why can you look Allison in the eyes?"
"Because she knows. I told her years ago."
"Scott!"
"I promised her no secrets. She thought it was funny. Mal, that was so many years ago. He can't do anything about it now."
"He can! He can kill you! And I won't let my husband kill my best friend!"
"What are we talking about?"
Allison had joined us.
"Nothing!", we said at the same time.
"You're talking about your hook-up. Right?"
I looked down to the floor and felt very ashamed of what I did.
"Yup." Scott had answered her question.
"Stiles still doesn't know, does he?"
I shook my head.
"Want me to tell him?"
"Thank you, Al, but no. I have to do that myself."
I went over to Stiles who was talking to Derek and Isaac.
"Hey, guys. Could I borrow my husband for a minute?"
"If you return him in one piece, sure." 
I clapped Derek's shoulder and dragged a very perplexed Stiles with me.
"I have to tell you something. I should have told you years ago and I'm sorry I never did. I swear, it wasn't the reason I broke up!"
"I don't even know what it is yet."
I took a deep breath.
"I had sex with Scott."
"Cool. When?"
"Like a week before I broke up with you. It kind of just...happened..."
"Lia, it's okay. Really. I was an asshole. I didn't even notice you and I didn't even realise that you ran crying out of the cafeteria one day. I don't care if you hooked up with Scott. It was a one-time-thing and you both were lonely at that time."
"I love you so much."
"I love you too."
We went back into the church which was a good decision considering Scott was about to give his speech.
"So, I'm supposed to say stuff about my best friends and I know this will shock all of you, I actually prepared a speech!"
Everyone laughed.
"Malia and Stiles are my best friends in the whole world. They have always been. Stiles is my best buddy since we were 4, when he peed on my sand castle and Malia since first grade. They were always my favourite couple. Like, come on, they started dating at 13 and stopped at more or less 17. I always admired that and thought, if they ever broke up, love did not exist. Apparently it exists even when Stalia breaks up. I mean, after nine freaking years they found their way back to each other.
Almost 11 years ago, my first love, Kira, died and it broke all of us. Talking about her still hurts. Back then Malia and me were devastated, I mean, I loved her and she was like a second sister to Mal, so we leaned on each other for support. A bit much, I guess. I saw her even more than Stiles did and after a while the latter got really jealous. But, trust me, Dude, I never felt anything more than friendship for Malia."
"No feelings involved?"
"No. Just lust."
Stiles sighed next to me. It sounded very relieved. I gave him a quick kiss and returned my attention to Scott.
"They broke up at the beginning of Junior year and I think I'm not even lying when I say that I was the most devastated person. I had seen them drift apart for a few weeks back then and how Malia got sadder with every day. She even ran out the cafeteria one day and cried. Stiles never noticed until I told him. I advised him to talk to her and later that day I got a call from a sobbing Stiles telling me Mal broke up with him. To be honest, I couldn't even blame her for hurting my best friend. He had hurt her before. When I found out the next morning that she had slept with Theo just an hour after leaving Stiles I told her to tell him before he finds out by anyone else. At first I was angry but then I could see it. I hadn't seen Malia so happy in months. She really did love Theo. I just couldn't be angry at someone so happy and so in love even if it broke my best friend's heart. Stiles eventually found love too in my newly-found sister. I was sad not to see them together but I was happy to know they were happy apart. Malia and Theo dated for nine years, Stiles and Lydia three. Four years after my wedding I realised that Stiles had never gotten over Malia. I saw it in his eyes when he looked at a happy and very pregnant Malia. That night he went to her room and told her he still loves her. She came devastated to Alli and me after that. Alli and I knew right away that she still loves him as well so my beautiful wife pushed her to tell Theo. They stayed together but he left her last summer, not ready to take any more of his girlfriend being in love with her ex. Lia was so so scared and Alli put her under so much pressure at Lyds' wedding that she broke into tears. Later a fight between Stiles and Lia began but it ended with Malia shouting at him that she loves him. Three weeks later they were engaged and here we are. They are married! My prophecies aren't that bad after all. To the bride and the groom, to my best friends!"
I had tears in my eyes and ran up to Scott to hug him hard.
"Love you, Scotty."
"You too, Lia. You too." 
He kissed my cheek lightly. Stiles was the next person to hug Scott. I could hear Al and Lyds sob and went over to them.
"For fuck's sake, girls, what the hell is wrong with you?!"
Lydia sobbed but looked happy.
"I'm pregnant."
"You too?!", screached Allison.
"Wait, what? Another baby?!"
"I was meaning to tell you. Yes. Scott, we're having another baby."  
Tears of joy were glistening in his eyes as he hugged Allison and spun her around. Aiden put his arms around Lydia from behind and rubbed her belly.
"I love you, sweetheart."
"I love you too, babe."
She turned her head to kiss her husband.
Everything was happy.
Our journey had been long and painful and full of loss but we were the best of friends and all married now.
We were family.
We were a pack.