Chapter 10

A/N

Hey guys, another update!

Disclaimer: You should know this by now but I don't own HP or the Wizarding World. It belongs to Joanne Rowling lol

Some things will be minorly (or majorly) changed.

Rigel followed the prefects, Theo next to him. Alois was currently with Cassandra, talking animatedly about the food they ate. Rigel looked around, paintings and portraits were hung on the walls and suits of armour shone in the dimly lit halls. The other first years looked around too, albeit more enthusiastically. Theo knocked into someone, causing them to look at him.

"Be careful", they murmured. Theo whispered a sheepish 'sorry'. Rigel raised a brow. He didn't recognise this person. Either they were a half-blood, or they didn't get around much.

"Hello, I'm Rigel Lestrange, heir to the most ancient and noble house of Lestrange. May I ask who you are?" Rigel asked. Theo gave him a pointed look. Rigel only introduced himself like that to intimidate others. They boy looked at him, scared. Chaos snorted.

He is weak, that one. Albeit respectful. Chaos commented. Fate snorted in disagreement. She knew what was bound to happen.

"Anthony McFerson", the boy stated. The abscence of 'ancient and noble house of etc.' or 'noble house of etc.' was evident. Rigel couldn't help but wonder. A half-blood? Not uncommon. A muggleborn? Rare. Muggleborns weren't treated as scum, contrary to popular belief. No, muggleborns in Slytherin showed how powerful they could be. They created new magical lines and renewed the old and tainted blood of the incestual purebloods. Rigel nodded.

"McFerson? I can't help but not recognise that name", Rigel inquired. Theo's face became one of interest. He was trying not to ask the boy questions.

"That's because I'm a muggleborn, apparently", Anthony declared. Theo gasped. Rigel's polite expression seemed to morph into one of curiosity. Oh, his mother is going to be hearing about this! A muggleborn in Slytherin. Alois, the eavesdropper he was, made a noise of astonishment. Abella Rosier, a distant cousin of Rigel's, cackled.

"You seem to be a powerful student, McFerson. You are one of us now after all", Abella said lowly. Cassandra was muttering 'woah, seriously?' to another girl. McFerson smiled shyly. If a muggleborn was in Slytherin, they were treated with respect. Other muggleborns were spat upon.

Purebloods have weird common sense, Life murmured.

"U-Ummm, ok thanks" McFerson said, his voice one of genuine gratitude. Rigel could tell he was confused, but happy. Then the prefects turned around.

"We are here", one of them said, Aisha Lancaster (a pureblood, family isn't really social) was their name. They seemed to be indifferent to what happened. Alois and Theo continued to marvel about the muggleborn. The other first years didn't pay attention though, as they were at a dead end, no door or portrait in sight. They were confused, were there prefects confused? Hopefully they weren't jinxed by Gryffindors.