Operation X**

Thanks to SooHailey for the cover! 🙏💜🙆

***

He followed Jisoo's advice. And did not ask Lisa out until the following week. Howeverㅡ

"Would you like to go and see a movie with me this weekend?" He asked her with his best smile during lunch. This smile works wonders whenever he asks his mom for something.

Her brows furrowed. "Movie? What movie?" But she didn't bother looking up from her noodles. Therefore his smile couldn't work it's usual wonder.

"You know.. Movie. The thing that people watches when they go to a movie theater. At the mall."

"You mean people don't just go there for the popcorn?" She asked with wide eyes. "And the free airconditioning?"

He grinned a charming grin. "I bet they do. And the movie is just an added benefit."

"Hmmm." She contemplated for a moment. "I don't know. I mean, there's torrent ya know? if you really wanna watch a movie, you can just tell me the title and I can download it for you. Technically it's illegal but it's free and you can watch it at home."

His charming grin faded. "How about the popcorn?"

"Or we can invite Jisoo and we can watch it at my place." She added with a shrug. "Maybe she can pop some popcorn or something."

They did end up watching a movie at her place that weekend. With Jisoo. It was fun.

The next week, on the day before the weekend, he tried again.

"It's the weekend tomorrow." He said casually when the class ended.

"Umm, yeah. I kind of got the idea since the teacher said 'happy weekend'. But thanks for reminding me." She said as she shoved her things into her bag.

"Right.. I was wondering if you wanted to go out and grab a coffee with me, or something?"

"Coffee? I love coffee." She paused. "But nah.. Jisoo forced me to go grocery shopping and I bought a whole box of coffee and now I have a bunch of ice cold coffee sitting in the fridge at home." She shouldered her bag. "If you want some, I can just bring them to you next week or you can drop by some time on the weekend. With Jisoo. And then we could all have coffee and put a considerable dent on my stock."

They did have coffee, at her place that weekend. With Jisoo. It was fun.

And the next week..

"Wanna have dinner with me this weekend?"

"How about you come over to my place and we'll let Jisoo cook something for us? My groceries are just sitting there at the house, waiting for someone with actual cooking skills.."

They had dinner at her place. With Jisoo. It was--

Driving him insane already.

"I've asked her out 3 times over the past 3 weeks and we always end up at her place. With you." He complained to Jisoo over the phone. "I mean, it's great to actually spend time with her like that butㅡ"

"Yeah, I get it. You want to be alone with her. On a real date. And then you'll confess." Jisoo said in a bored tone he didn't even notice. "Like you've told me dozens of times."