Chapter 29

"I went to the doctor the other day," she started, "I was having terrible stomach pains Chres and they was constant for over a week and I got cautious... Anyway they ran some tests and..." She took a breath, "And the result came through that I had had a miscarriage, the doctor says he needs to run more tests, because of my past my womb has been damaged, that time when Prince and Ray had me in that house and Prince used to r-," she burst out in tears I ran over to her but she pushed me away, "No Chresanto I have to finish this.." She took a breath, "When he used to rape and beat me then carrying a baby throughout that duration, doctor says it was a miracle I gave birth to begin with... What I'm trying to get at is Chresanto I may not be able to give you a family unless I have an operation and I'm really scared."

I sat on the floor in front of her, I felt rage, rage because of what happened to her in the past and I also felt sadness, sadness that I may never get to be a father. I put my head down into my hands and instantly felt Jess stroking her hands through my hair, she always done this when I was mad or upset.

"Jess I promise you I'm gonna stand by you, we've gotten through so much together this is just another thing we will get through, I've got you baby and I will give you a baby if it's the last thing I do." I spoke standing up and pulling her into a hug. Unfortunately I still had work to do.

"Jess... I still got a few things to do today, you're welcome to stay here with Romeo but I'd much prefer you with me," I said, "I'll come with you," She said I nodded and headed for the door, "And Chres," She said, "Yes baby?" I said stopping in my tracks, "I'm sorry it took me so long to tell you, I didn't want you to be disappointed... I know how much you want to be a father." She said, "Mrs August you can never disappoint me... I love you idiot." I said smiling.

We headed out the house hand in hand, we were a strong couple... But I can not deny we were very strong together but apart very weak. I needed her and she needed me. All I knew is that I wasn't going anywhere and I wasn't allowing her to either.

We got into the car and I drove to the second house, this is the place no one chilled or casually spoke. This was the place shit happened and trust me I've seen things I could have never imagined. I know I shouldn't bring Jess here but if I didn't I would have been late and I couldn't leave her at the other house, she was safest with me. We walked inside and I saw a couple guys I knew well by the names of Sam, Harrison and Jake, one guy was tied up on a wooden chair, Sam stood opposite him with Harrison and Jake sitting down holding hand guns. Sam nodded as I walked in and smiled at Jess, that's what I like they know Jess is with me so they acknowledge her and act respectful, not rude, ignorant and disrespectful like Daniel which reminds me he has thirteen hours to come up with my money or he's gonna die. Harrison handed me a gun as I sat down on the couch pulling Jess next to me, that's another thing I like, when Jess was in these situations she said nothing and stood by me.

"Where is he?!" Sam shouted in the guys face, the guy remained silent until Same punched him he let out a rather loud scream and breathed heavily. "Where is he?!" Sam repeated louder this time, the guy remained silent. Sam laughed, "If you aren't playing by the rules neither will I!" Sam picked up a pair of scissors and grabbed onto the guys head. I instantly felt Jess take hold of my thigh and saw her look towards the ground. I looked back up at Sam whom now had hold of the mans ear, he brought the scissors closer, "You see my man, I'm a fair game player." He said casually as he plunged the scissors into the mans leg. The mans screams filled the room, I wrapped my arm around Jess and pulled her onto my chest, "We're leaving in a bit baby don't worry." I said quietly to her. "H-he's leaving jail in t-t-two m-months.. H-he had b-bad beha-avior so he h-ha-ad to st-ay long.. Longer." The man stuttered out. "Now my friend that's what I like to hear, you are going to give my boy the details and we'll allow you to get on with your day."

I stood up and walked over to the man, Sam went and sat next to Jess and asked her if she was ok... She smiled and nodded, damn she was so cute. I crouched down and looked at the man, "It would be easier on us and on you if you simply told me a time and date bro," I said, he nodded, "6:30am, January 2nd... Please don't hurt me, please..." he said, "Ite man thanks... Remind me never to have a guy on my team that talks as easy as you yeah?" I said laughing and shaking my head. I walked back over to Sam and Jess. "6:30am, January 2nd bro." I said to Sam as I gave him back the gun and took hold of Jess' hand, "Thank you Santo man, you sure this was the best place to bring ya girl though?" He asked, I hated when people asked me things like this. "With respect Sam this is my girlfriend which makes it my problem so don't worry ite?" I said as Jess stood next to me, "Yeah man, sorry... I'll see you later yeah?" He said, "Yeah man, later."

I left the building and made my way to the car with Jess, I breathed out heavily. "Damn... Since I do this shit on a daily basis I never thought it would affect me when I'd be with you." I said turning round and looking at her, "It's ok, the blood just made me sick..." She laughed and pushed my head, everyone has something with pushing my head. "Lets go get something to eat..." I started up the car and started driving towards some breakfast place me and Romeo go to. Suddenly I heard police sirens behind me.

"Shit." I mumbled.