Chapter 5 (Part 2)

Throughout the rest of the day, we had been getting the same stares, we made our way to the cinema as we was buying our food the woman serving us completely ignored me to be staring at Ray, rude as fuck honestly?

Me: "Excuse me...... Excuse me!...... Look if your not too busy staring at my boyfriend.... oh my fucking god!"

Woman: "We do not tolerate that kind of language here miss."

Me: "Stop looking at my boyfriend and serve me then."

Ray: "Do as my girl says." He gave her a serious look, as she lent over the counter trying to get more of his attention, that's when Ray put his arm around me tight I could feel the tension in his arms but was too focused on the woman still staring down Ray.

Woman: "If you ever want a freaky lady you know where to find me boo."

Ray: "Lady? I wouldn't be looking here then, have some respect for yourself and stop going for taken men understand?"

Me: "And get me a cola."

Ray started laughing hysterically at this, I wasn't trying to be funny I was being dead serious... Ray paid for the stuff and quickly walked away taking a phone call.

Ray: Na bro I'm with Jess today I told you this!

.........

Ray: How urgent is it?

.........

Ray: *sigh* I'll be there soon bro.

He hung up the phone and came over to me,

Ray: "Babe, there's some business I need to take care of, go see the movie I'll be back before the first half an hour I promise."

I nodded as he gave me a kiss on the cheek and gave me the food, I watched him walk off making another phone call and pulling his snapback to the front....

You see that was the last time I saw Rayan Lopez.........

Well that day anyway, after the movie finished he wasn't back, I waited for him outside the cinema for a while with that slight bit of hope he might turn up but he wasn't going to anytime soon, I text him to tell him I was going to take a walk back to my house he immediately replied back 'NO!' stating, 'It's too dangerous, go to the mall you have my card and do some shopping, don't spend too much.' I do not see how it was dangerous whatsoever, but hey what girl can say no to shopping? Chresanto never once bought be anything... Not that I asked him but he always went out and bought stupid stuff, but he did give me a couple tops... One's he hadn't worn in about three years, no wonder he was a virgin.

So I went to the mall and went shopping, I also had my own card so I bought everything on that and didn't use Ray's, my adopted mother gets money for looking after me, and well she gives half of it to me every month so I'm lucky in that aspect. The time now was just past 6pm I had spent ages but what else was there to do? Plus America has the best clothes shops in the world! Especially LA. I went to get some McDonalds and ate it quietly, avoiding eye contact with groups of boys that walked past staring at me, trying to make conversation. I got another text from Ray stating he will pick me up in 20minutes, that gave me just enough time to get some snacks and him a taco.. I rolled my eyes, I used his card to do so but only spending very little money because it was quite cheap, I put that on my arm whilst carrying a few other bags, I'm not gonna say my arms were packed full of bags because they weren't, who shops like that? Not me. I had five bags, six if you counted the snacks. A group of guys came up to me asking if I needed help, I said 'no thank you' politely and carried on walking to the front of the shopping mall, where Ray must have been waiting by now, the boys carried on following me, I could hear them laughing saying things like, 'I get first go'... It made me mentally sick and physically scared of what may happen so I walked faster until I reached outside, I quickly scanned for Rays car, I spotted it seeing Ray, Prince and Prod outside of it smiling as they saw me, their smiles soon turned into straight faces as they looked behind me, a boy touched my arm spinning me around I tried to snatch my arm from him but he had a pretty firm grip.

Ray: "Get the fuck off my girl bro or shit will get messy."

Boy: "Why what the fuck are you gonna do? I should fuck you up right now for even approaching us, do you know who we are?"

Ray: "No, the question is do YOU know who we are?"

Ray lifted up his top revealing a silver gun, with a gold top and brown along where you would hold it, it had finger grips so he could hold it firm and the rest looked solid and metal.. He was not fucking around but he didn't pull it out, he was just showing that he had one as soon as he did so the boys retreated back into the mall leaving me standing there.

Me: "Thank you Ray." I spoke normally to him and smiled as Prod and Prince laughed.

Prod: "Hey Jess you just see Ray with that and you aint asking questions?"

Me: "Not my business to be asking questions."

Ray: "Exactly Prod, don't watch that baby I got your back, always, lets go.... Is that what you bought on my card? Girl how much did you spe-"

Me: "No! no! no! My card, and I'm not exactly sure how much but if you want to go back and look?"

Ray: "Damn I thought you'd spend my money! Why didn't you?"

Me: "Not my money to spend."

Prince: "WIFEY THAT! NOOW!"

Prod: "Shawty must have money, shit, and she aint ask no questions and didn't take no money., also she FINE. I second that Prince, WIFEY THAT NOW!"

Ray and I were crying of laughter at how they were acting, but it was true Ray having a gun was none of my business and his money was not mine to spend. We drove back to Ray's house and said goodbye to Prince and Prod.

Ray POV;

Damn I cant get over what happened today, I didn't even plan to do anything like that I just wanted a day with Jess. She surprises me though, how can I leave her, tell her not to go home, give her permission to use my card which I have never done to any girlfriend of mine, show the gun I was carrying and after all that she didn't spend my money and didn't ask any questions... She was my type of girl, but right now this was a kind of 'best friend' relationship and I liked it that way... For now, I may have to turn this into a friends with benefits sort of thing. I went over to her as she was putting her bags down and picked her up putting her on my lap as I sat down on the couch, she played with my hands as I put my head on her shoulder, I started kissing her neck and left a hickey as I pulled her closer to me she stopped me instantly.

Jess: "No, I'm not doing anything unless I'm in an official relationship, I'm not on no friends with benefits I cant take that stuff anymore!"

Me: "Baby, thank you for telling me your feelings I promise you from the bottom of my heart, I'll let us get to know each other better and then we'll see where it goes from there, I really care about you and like you Jess, your not like any other girl, you have respect."

Jess: "I think I actually like you too Ray... You give me a feeling Chresanto never gave me."

Me: "Feeling of being awesome? Because I am.. Or the feeling of being perfect and beautiful because baby, that's what you are."

I lifted her off my lap and went to the bag which held popcorn, candy floss, strawberries and chocolate bars... and.... oh... my.... gosh... TACO!!!!

Me: "YOU GOT ME A TACO! YOU THE BESTEST!"

Jess: "Well with your card but hey you're welcome!"

I rolled my eyes, this girl got me a taco... I have to wifey that.

Second thoughts she bought it with my card... I like her cheekiness.. I definitely have to wifey that!