Chapter 27

I sat in the back of Romeo's car, the same car from the other day I refused to set Khalil and his brothers up... Chresanto didn't get angry at all he told me he understood and that it was his mess. I sat next to Chres as Romeo was upfront with his girlfriend Cheryl... She was absolutely beautiful, tanned skin, glistening brown eyes, long wavey brown hair and small but nicely shaped pink lips.

"So Jess please share with me how you put up with Santo's behavior? Because I sure do need some tips on how to deal with this one at times..." Cheryl said to me laughing a little, "Chres isn't bad really, he and Romeo both mean well they're great seriously." I said, Cheryl laughed. "That shit isn't getting you off the hook Romeo." She said, "I know my love that's why I- We, Santo and I are doing this, we gon' sort this shit." Romeo said. I looked at Chres and he was staring out of the window I stroked a finger along his bottom lip which made him smile instantly, "I love you Mrs August... You love me right?" He said as he placed his hand on my cheek, "I really do.." I said placing my hand on top of his, his face went straight and we began staring at each other with evil expressions on our faces, I broke first and began laughing. "You sucker, you know you can never beat me at anything!" Chres exclaimed, "Bitch you should have never have said that," I moved aside and crossed my legs, "Let us see who breaks first." Chres pulled a shocked face, "Baby no! Ima buy you flowers, chocolate, clothes, cars, holidays... Diamonds! Just don't deprive me of the pussy!" The car pulled to a halt, "What the fuck are you guys talking about?" Romeo said laughing as Cheryl was nearly in tears from laughter, Chresanto didn't say anything until Romeo punched his leg, Chres kissed his teeth "Nothing boss... Just remember your girl is the boss in the relationship.. Vagina can make you do anything man, anything." Chres said, that was the first time I had heard him call Romeo boss. The car started up again and before I knew it we was in a town I had never been but it didn't matter I felt safe with Chres by my side, how I had missed him.

Romeo parked up outside a house and beeped twice, we all got out and myself and Cheryl sat on the wall outside the house shortly Khalil came out followed by his brothers. "Jess?" He spoke looking at me as I sat next to Cheryl. Romeo and Chres stood next to the car, "Hey Khalil," I said, "Don't take this the wrong way but why are you here?" He said sitting next to me, I looked at Chres and he was staring dead at Khalil, his jaw clenched and his eyes slightly squinted, "You wanted your families money so I got it for you." I said "How could you have got it back?" He replied then looked at Chres who was still staring at him, Khalil's expression changed as he noticed Chres, he instantly looked back at me "You lied to me didn't you?" I nodded, "I couldn't tell you the truth without Chresanto being around," I said he nodded at me, "I understand... So my money?" He said standing up talking to Chresanto, Chres smirked at him and opened the trunk of the car picking up a bag and handing it to him, before he let go he smirked again "Where's your manners? I don't think you're being polite at all," He said, "Thanks," Khalil said quietly, "Give me your phone a second too... I'm not going to take it don't worry." Khalil passed Chres his phone and a minute later Chres passed it back, "Jess is my girlfriend has been for four and a half years don't make any attempt to contact her or I will kill your family oh and don't bother trying to keep shit secret my girl tells me everything." Chresanto said smiling with all his teeth. He reached out his hand in my direction and gestured for me to come to him, I did so "Delete his number babe," I nodded and went through my phone deleting it, I began to shiver and wrapped my jacket around me tighter November evenings weren't doing anything for me. "Cold?" Chres said taking off his jumper revealing his toned body and putting his jumper on me. "Well are we done here?" He said speaking to Khalil and his brothers whom seemed to be startled by Chres' body and this whole situation. Khalil nodded and we all started to make our way back to the car.

"Wait!" Khalil's brother said, "Chresanto may I have a word with you please?" Chres nodded and gestured for him to come over, he had his arm around me, "Look I'm willing to work for you and shit if you're needing anyone right now, I'm sick of living poor I have a four year old daughter I need to support." He said, "Look man I'm willing to have you work for me but you really do not need to get into this life for real, I was the top basketball player and quarterback, I had people coming to watch games for me a few years ago but I fucked up and now I'm selling illegal shit, yeah me and mine live good we got money, clothes, cars but I lost her for three years you feel me? You don't wanna risk losing your daughter," Chres paused the sighed, "If you're sure give me your number and I'll give you a call later, you can change your mind but don't waste my time... Once you're in though there's no getting out." He shook the boy's hand and looked at me pulling a weird face, "Oh by the way Chresanto, I'm Thomas." He said as he put his number in Chres' phone. "Ite man, I'll hit you up later... Now my beautiful princess since we got our home back to ourselves we can see if that kitchen table is as stable as it used to be." Chres winked at me, I gasped and covered his mouth "Chres," I whispered, he laughed at me as we got in the back of the car.

"Santo bro I wish you'd put on some clothing," Romeo said, "Bro my baby was cold I swear you're jealous or something of my body," Chres laughed, "Santo... My body may not be as big but my face is better so um chill out," Romeo laughed back as we drove back home, "Thanks bro, thank you Cheryl," Chres said, "Bye bro, bye Cheryl.. Thank you for taking him off our hands now we can-" I was cut off my Chresanto grabbing my body "Enough talking! Bye guys!" Chres picked me up and ran me into the condo, he took the jumper off and slid my jacket off, I began laughing because I had on a lot of clothing. He took my long sleeved top off, "I give up," He said holding his hands up in surrender, "It's gotta be easier than this." He walked into the front room and sat behind Chres feeling on his torso. "Yo." He spoke, I gave a confused face until I realised he was on the phone. "Well if you're sure I can't really say no, money is money ya feel me?" He placed his hand on mine and removed it, getting up and going to the kitchen, he held up a soda and I nodded to him. "Yeah II feel you bro but the shit in the past gotta be forgotten about by you and your brothers.... Yeah then I got you and your family you won't have to worry about shit you just gotta keep Khalil away from my girlfriend that shit makes me mad." He passed me the soda and sat back down in front of me, I opened his and put it on his stomach making him jump from the cold can. "Do that again I'll slap your ass," He laughed... "Oh no! Not you Thomas I was talking to my girl... I'm not gay man... You gay?! But you got a daughter... I see that... No why would you being gay be a problem? Just don't roll with me wearing a handbag bro," He leaned back squashing me, "Baby I swear you're real comfortable don't move," He said to me, "Because I have a choice with your big ass," He continued his phone call, "Ite so obviously Ima have a lil something for you so you sure you wanna be in?" Chres said then started wiggling hurting me even more, "Ok well you're in, Ima have a word with a few people then Ima call you in an hour." He hung up the phone and moved to the side pulling my head on his lap.

"I hate doing what I've just done man... I mean baby... It depresses me a lot," Chres sighed, "You have to do what you have to do just be careful.." I said, "I'm gonna make sure I'm careful, I'm gonna get some dirt on Thomas that could send him away for a long time to make sure he doesn't betray me." He laughed, "Do you do that to everyone who betrays you?" I asked, he nodded, "I'm not playing games no more Jess I'm a grown man, I've got kids out here doing a lot of shit for me, keeping us safe... Brandon and Cee are my main guys and they know what will happen if they or anyone else fucks up." He said stroking my hair, "Chres what if we had another bad argument or broke up..." I asked worried, "We won't break up I promise, if we argue just let me do whatever I'm doing through my anger please just don't try to prevent it, years ago I could stop but being in jail changed me, I will never physically hit you but if I'm smashing something up or pushing you up against the wall leave me to do it."  I nodded and wrapped my hands awkwardly around his neck, stroking his face with my thumb... I hope and pray we don't get into any serious arguments.

I hadn't spoken to Khalil for three months and myself and Chresanto are perfectly fine however a week ago I found out some news... It's life changing but I don't know how to tell Chresanto, however I know I must tell him, I tell him everything I'm just very scared of how he may react, I don't want anything to change between myself and him.