43.

queen.
_

I woke up hearing music blasting through my ears with cj's little feet roaming around. I also smelled breakfast, y'all know that got me up!

I played around on my phone a little. It was only 10:37 in the morning. I had missed calls from Clare because I was actually supposed to go back last night.

I got up, brushed my teeth & washed my face then put my hair up into a neat little bun. I took me a quick shower as well & put on my black Nike joggers and a black tank top.

I peeped out the door, sneaking down the stairs. august was cooking up a storm and singing his life away. I just loved his voice, It was so beautiful.

"look who up" he says, speaking loudly over the music.

"right." I smiled.

"good morning big boy" i smiled at Cj as he ran over to me hugging me.

He just laughed then ran back over to the couch, where he was watching paw patrol.

"You usually ain't up this early. You smelled tha food hah?" August chuckled.

"duh. you know me." I said chuckling.

"what you got over here?" I asked looking over at the food.

"got some waffles, bacon, eggs, sausage and grits." He said putting the bacon on a paper towel.

"sounds bout right" i laughed, sitting down at the table.

I looked over at Cj, he was so handsome. I loved my baby & I know he hated being away from his dad for a while.

"I just wanna say i'm sorry." I said looking over at him.

"Look queen, we ain't about to talk about it aight? It's all good." He replied.

"No. I was wrong for taking Cj away from you. I mean, I could've at least got my mama to bring him over to see you. I ain't gonna lie, I felt bad for doing that. Being selfish. I just feel like we should be better for Cj. All of this arguing that we do, It's not gonna cut it." I said shaking my head.

"I feel ya. But we gon do that. We gotta son togetha. Ain't nobody gon be perfect queen. I understand, shit. We both do shit we don't  mean to but I understood you." He said.

"Thank you for understanding." I said.

He nodded.

"Ain't it kinda crazy we in tha friend zone now?" He asked.

"Real crazy. But it's for the better." I said laughing.

Clare starting to call my phone again & I had to walk outside to answer because he didn't know where I was and I didn't want him to get upset if he found out that I stayed a night At August's.

"hello?" I answered.

"you ain't get my call last night?" He asked.

"I was asleep, I was just about to call you back when I woke up." I said.

"Where you at? I thought you was coming back?"

"I'm at my mom's. I thought I was too but some crazy shit happened & I missed my flight." I lied. I fucking lied.

"Crazy shit? Tha hell happened?" He asked.

I'm tired of the questions.

"I'll talk to you about it." I said .

"So you coming tonight or wassup?"

"Hopefully.." i said turning back seeing August fixing Cj's plate then setting him at the table.

I sighed. "Aight. Well Be safe coming back." He said. I could sense that he was frustrated. my baby.

"I will." I said.

We both hung up the phone. I walked back in seeing my plate on the table.

"That was ya boy?" August asked.

"yeah. It was actually." I told him.

"You had to do allat just to speak ta him?" He asked.

"do all what august?" I gave him a stank look.

"walk outside?"

"because i didn't want him knowing i was here." I said calmly.

"here with ya son? or with me?"

"c'mon now august. you know I'm talking about you. Why would he have a problem with me being with my son? Really?" I scoffed.

"chill I ain't tryna argue, aight?" He said.

"seems like it." I rolled my eyes.

I could tell he was a little ticked off about the fact that I was with Clare.. But he did it to himself.

"when you going back?" he asked biting a piece of bacon then putting it down.

"tomorrow night.. I'm gonna come back though as soon as possible for Cj." I said.

"I know." He said dryly.

"You good?" I asked with a mouth full of eggs.

"yeah. I-I'm good." He said sitting on the couch beside cj.

they soon started playing around with each other, It was just the cutest thing. I could cry. No matter how dirty August did me, He will always be a GREAT father to Cj. That was his first. Forever his first.

All Cj ever said when he was younger was "dada" It took him so long to say "mama". I was low key jealous .

After a while, Cj was playing in his little play corner, And august was out smoking his blunt while I cleaned the dishes.

"yeen gotta do that" august yelled from outside.

"No. You cooked for us, I got you." I said smiling.

In a quick second my phone buzzed indicating that someone was calling me.

I wiped my hands off. "hello?" I answered.

"hey girl. how are you?" she said. It was karruche.

"good, girl I miss you." I said smiling my ass off.

"I miss you!! I was calling because I haven't got in touch with you in like forever. I had baby boy this morning." She said.

I screamed. August & Cj looked back so mf fast.

"girl I will be up there !!" I said before getting off the phone.

honey i was happy. My nephew was here finally.

"Tha hell goin on?" August asked.

"Chris & Karruche had the baby. Duh" I said grabbing me and Cj a coat & our shoes.

"Lil nep here ?! Oh shit." August said throwing his blunt on the back patio and slipping his shoes on.

Bet y'all never seen no parents this happy about someone else's child!

_

REVEAL OF BABY BOYS NAME NEXT CHAPTER.

The next chapter is the last of this book