5.

queen is so pretty & she looks so happy❤️

but should i continue on with this book?
-
i finished folding my clothes putting them in one of my gym bags. i was gonna go stay with august for a few days.

my phone vibrated, it was an different area code calling.

i didn't answer.

that number continued to call..

"hello?" i answered

"queen?" a deep voice said.

"yes, who is this?" i asked.

"it's your father. jared. " he spoke. i almost had a heart attack ! i haven't spoke to this man in years !

"daddy !!!! hey. i haven't talked to you, i miss you ." i said.

"i know.. i miss you too." he said sounding sad.

how'd he get my number ?

"um.. so how are you?" i asked him.

"been doing fine. im doing therapy, my last class is tuesday" he said. that made me feel so much better.

"im so proud"

"i was thinking maybe you could visit me soon? or I'll come there in a few months maybe?" he said.

i smiled

"we'll figure it out." I replied.

It kind of hurt because it feels like i don't know my dad, but i was happy because i knew he was okay and doing so much better.

we chatted more before i got off the phone.

"maaaaa" i yelled running downstairs.

i ran around the corner seeing her sitting at the table.

"i know." she said as she just sat there.

"queen sit down." she said.

"what?" i said looking her directly in her eye. shit i was confused.

"listen baby, i know that you're in a good mood.. but.." she grabbed my hand.

I was so confused.

"but what?"

"that's not your real father." she said. my eyes welled up with water. i had no words to speak anymore.

the tears just rolled on down my face. she tried to hug me, but i pushed her away from me.

"why didn't y'all tell me this? all these damn years and nobody told me?" i asked. wow.

"queen it isn't that easy ." she softly said.

"it is easy, but y'all wanna wait until ima grown ass woman?" i yelled. the tears were still rolling down.

i fell into the floor and started to cry. i heard footsteps coming downstairs.

"yo what's going on?" malik said coming over to grab me, hugging me.

"i told her that jared wasn't her dad.. i know i messed up." she cupped her face in her hands.

"i told you, you should've been told her ma" he patted my back.

"wait you knew about this too?" i asked looking up at him.

damn. my own family couldn't tell me who my father was?

he nodded.

"where is this coming from? where's my real dad?" i questioned.