Chapter Eleven

Breathe the Breath of Life

Jude walked to her wardrobe and packed what she could into a suitcase. Each piece of clothing and each sacred item that she put in the bag felt like a stab through the heart. She was leaving her home, the only place she really knew. But on the other side of the coin, she was going to spend her future days with her boyfriend. She felt conflicted, so conflicted.

Jude walked out to the grand hallway, only to see the walls bare, and the knickknacks gone, either everything was packed up or items were stolen. At this point it didn't matter, for it was just kicking a dead horse to Jarod and Cynthia. Jude looked all over for her parents, eventually she found them packing up the tea set that they used just yesterday. The same tea set that made everyone happy. "Hello dear." Her mother greeted her with a fainted smile. "Your bags are all packed?" She asked, looking up from the boxes surrounding her. "Yea, I'm ready." Jude replied. "I'll see you off then. Come on let's go." Cynthia put her arms around her daughters cold shoulders and walked her to the door. Jude looked behind to see Jarod smiling shyly. "Be safe okay? We'll visit when we're settled in at grandma's."  He called out, with a slight bit of nervousness in his happy facade. Jude smiled and started out to the driveway. "Where does this boy live again?" Cynthia pondered, placing her finger on her lip. Jude grabbed onto her hand. "Well mother you've never been, I'll lead you." She smiled and the two were off the the unexpected boy.

Upon reaching the castle, Cynthia was in wonder, she gawked over the exterior. Jude knocked on the door, and the gentle fuzzy goat opened up. He had a smile planted on his lips but it slightly faded into concern when he saw her bag by her hip and her mother along her side. "Is everything okay Jude?" Ralsei grabbed her hands. Jude nodded, and smiled. "Is it... Okay if I stay with you for a little bit?" Jude's face flushed red with blood, she looked down slightly embarrassed. Ralsei ushered the two into the castle. "Please, please come in for a moment." He insisted, and the two sat down on the sofa. Ralsei returned to their side with piping hot tea. "May I know what's going on?" He asked politely. "Intense money problems, me and Jude's father have nowhere else to go other than my in laws house. Which is several villages away... I didn't want you two to be that far apart, because I know you two deeply care for each other, and I know you're both responsible young adults." Cynthia took a sip of tea, shaking a little bit. Ralsei nodded and smiled. "You are all welcome to stay but if it's just Jude here then I promise that you can rest easy knowing she's safe." Ralsei's tail wagged a slight bit as a gentle smile reassured her. Cynthia nodded back. "We will visit when we're all settled in." Cynthia stood up, and gave Jude the tightest hug she could manage. With that, Jude walked Cynthia to the door. "I love you mom..." She whispered as she waved goodbye. Jude felt soft and gentle paws on her shoulders. She collapsed. Jude collapsed into Ralsei's arms, sobbing and whimpering. "Razzy I'm sorry." Jude cried out. "Shhh..." Ralsei did his best to calm her. "It's okay..." He whispered, trying not to cry himself.

"I didn't want to intrude like this..." She looked up at him, tears filling her eyes and dripping down to her neck. Ralsei smiled and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "My house is your house, you know, you'll always have a home here and you can always come home." Ralsei rubbed her head softly, feeling the strands between his paws. Jude smiled, and gave him a kiss. They both smiled and lit up. "Can we get you unpacked?" He stood up and grabbed her bag and led her to the bedroom, like a gentleman of course. Jude blushed. "In your room?" Her face lit up. He nodded. "Well we are a couple." He chuckled. He opened up the suitcase to find his hat. "I've been looking for this!" He hoisted it up and smiled wide. "I didn't know you had it." he gave it a sniff. "Have you been cuddling it?" Ralsei blushed a tiny shade of pink and smiled, setting it to the side.

They both began putting Jude's clothes on hangers, one by one into the wardrobe. Not much variety of course, but there was quite a bit. After all of that, there were still a lot of extra trinkets laying about. "You can put these lil guys wherever you want." Jude did just that, she put all her items and special belongings about the room as if it were her own. Ralsei smiled "I like the way you decorated the place, Miss. Interior designer." He giggled and wrapped his arms all around Jude. "I'm happy you're here Jude." He pressed his nose against her head. Jude smiled back and grabbed his scruffy fur. "I'm happy too."