Chapter Five

When We Are Side By Side

Jude's eyes blinked open a few times, adjusting to the light that peaked in through the curtains. Her hand quickly grasped onto the letter that Ralsei left the night before. She glazed her eyes over the paper as she unfolded it. 'Just above the inn and the shop, is my castle. Where I live. Meet me there whenever you desire. -Ralsei' the ink wrote, which was danced onto the paper in neat writing. Jude smiled, very wide as she looked towards her window. "Razzy, you silly goat." She chuckled.

A few minutes passed and she was already getting her days outfit picked out and put on. Afterwards, she made her way down to breakfast with her family. "Good morning Judeth." Her father spoke in a deep, and gravelly tone. "Good morning." She replied in a cheery sounding voice. She sat down in front of her food and took small bites of egg and ham. "So, Judeth." Her father set down the morning paper and stared to his daughter. "About that monster, I feel I was too rash with you last night. But I still want you to stay away from him." Jude grew sightly ill and sad. She set her drink down and stared back. "Why can't I be friends with him? He's a really nice monster." Jude asked in the most polite way possible. The father started to grow frustrated. "Humans and monsters don't belong in the same community Judeth, if we were of a slight higher power I would have him step down from royalty and sent elsewhere." Her father took a bite of his food with ravenous intent. Jude had noticeable feelings of frustration on her face. She stood up and clenched her fists. "Father! You're wrong! Monsters and humans are no different, Ralsei is my friend and I care about him! I will continue to see him no matter how you feel about him!" She scampered to her room and locked the door. Meanwhile, her father stared on and into the distance visibly upset.

Jude stood in front of her door, panting and sobbing quietly. She ran and grabbed the letter that Ralsei wrote for her and snuck out the window. Adrenalin raced through her veins as she bolted through the yard and streets. "I'm coming Ralsei. I'm coming." She panted hard, and continued on. Eventually, she found his castle and knocked on the door. It wasn't an extravagant house like hers, but it looks cozy and warm. She liked that about the exterior. The door softly opened, a black paw and muzzle appeared from the abyss. His eyes went wide and his ears perked up a small bit as he noticed who it was. "Jude? It's not even noon yet what are- Jude! You're crying!" He lightly grabbed her hands and pulled her into the castle, lead her to the living area and sat her down on a sofa. "I'll be right back Jude, get comfy." Ralsei raced away and came back with a nice cold cup of water and some tissues. "What's the matter Jude? Is everything alright?" Ralsei set the water down on the coffee table across from her and set the tissues in her hands. "It's my father."  she sniffled and blew her nose into a tissue. "He just... He hates monsters and I just wish he would accept our relationship." she bawled "I know that he's hard to change but... I really want to be with you, I really do." She held onto his paws, and his heart began to race along with his tail.

Ralsei drug his soft paws along Jude's cheek and wiped her tears away. "Don't cry Judy, don't cry. Everything will be okay." he calmed her with sweet and reassuring words. Jude smiled, and held his paw tight. "Razzy..." She whispered, not knowing what else to say. Ralsei smiled and gently kissed Jude's nose. His fur tickled her face like a feather, causing her to giggle in the cutest way imaginable.

Together, the two spent a few hours together. Playing various card games, drawing cute pictures for each other, and finally laying in each others arms. Their arms and legs intertwined together and Jude could feel Ralsei's heart beat in sync with her own. She picked her head up off of his chest and stared at all the features upon his face. "You're the cutest goat Ralsei..." She whispered. Ralsei blushed and bleated a tiny bit, signaling that he was happy. Jude smiled in response and gave him a long passionate kiss on his lips. Ralsei put his paws on her back and slowly rubbed up and down. Their lips danced and molded together as their hearts started to beat as one. Jude placed her hands on his shoulders as the kiss got deeper. "Jude... I~" Ralsei muttered out as the kiss got smoother and harder. Jude suddenly felt a bump under her, and then noticed what it was. She quickly pulled away. "Oh, Ralsei I'm sorry." She apologised sincerely as her face started to light up. Ralsei smiled. "It's alright Jude, it's okay." He smiled sweetly and tried to lighten the mood.

Jude let out a light laugh and smiled. "Maybe I should talk to my father a bit more... About us." Jude pondered. "Mhm." Ralsei held her hand tight. "But even if he doesn't agree, it'll be alright and I want you to remember that." He reassured her, making her smile. Soon enough, he led her to the door and gave her one farewell kiss. "I love you, Ralsei." she smiled. "I love you too, Jude." his face lit up with joy. Jude waved goodbye and with that, she disappeared into the afternoon sun. Away to set things straight between humans and monsters.