Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Alpha Roy watched her sleepless face ease up with no worries. She looked more peaceful and painless then she did before, he was relieved that at least she was able to sleep and forget about it just for certain amount of time before she wakes up knowing whets lying ahead.

He slowly rose form his seat going and sitting on the vacant place which Layla wasn't laying on. He gathered her tanned skin in his own swallowing it with his hands. His other hand reached over slowly moving the bronze coloured hair away from her eyes. His eyes were burning with tears which eh held in. He stroked her red cheeks admiring her features and her personality. He slowly and quietly brought his legs up to the bed and placed it over hers. He remembered that is how she loved sleeping with someone's legs over hers.

She shuffled slightly which made him move his legs away, but once she cuddled up to his chest he knew she was just getting comfortable.

Her fragile body lay in his arms as he just watched her sleep. Finally the burning sensation in his eyes was relieved with tears seeping down his cheek. He wiped his eyes roughly before lingering a kiss on her forehead.

All he could think to himself was that he would be losing his sister, his world soon.

His eyes closed and he inhaled her sweet smell before falling asleep. But then his eyes shot open when he heard Layla crying.

He looked down at Layla who was whispering and mumbling stuff in her dream while crying.

"Oh god no" she cried quietly.

He didn't know whether to wake her or let her sleep. But then he shook her body carefully when he heard her breathing hitching.

Her eyes remained closed while he gently shook her. "Layla you need to wake up it's just a bad dream" eh whispered to her sitting upright hugging her closer to his chest. "Come on Layla wake up" he begged.

Finally her eyes opened. "Are you okay?" his voice laced with worry.

"It's nothing... I-it was nothing" she stuttered.

He didn't want to question her, so he let it drop.

They sat there each in their own world. Layla just stared ahead at the white wall, knowing those walls will be her surrounding once her illnesses got worse. Sure it was worse but she knew about chemotherapy. She was going to do chemo just because it could have a chance of staying alive. But she still grasped onto the concept of death that she could face in the near future. It scared her but she knew she had no control over death, or her illness.

"Layla we can't just ignore it" he started off wanting to have this conversation about her illness. She snapped out of her daydreaming panicking.

"We can't tell anyone" she said alarmingly. He stared at her blindly, before shaking his head.

"No Layla this isn't just a fall in the park this is-is an i-illness" his voice was gentle but yet demanding.

"Please" she begged, pleading him not to let anyone know about her illness.

"I cant keep this away from Rebecca and you know it. And i can't act like nothings wrong. I'm sorry Layla I just can't" this time he hadn't realise he let his emotions takeover while his body shook and tears began to form.

Layla grabbed on to his hands. "I-I" she mumbled. "I don't know. I don't want pity or everyone becoming so focused on my life. I just want everyone to get on with their lives like nothing happened" she said to him softly but the worry in her voice told him she was scared for him.

"Layla I can't ignore this. My sister, my best friend, my partner in crime is going to leave me." He said. He laughed at the partner in crime bit because she was hardly ever troubling, it was always him. Layla would always make him stay away from anywhere that screamed trouble.