Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The garden was filled with werewolves amongst the people of the pack, they drank and laughed amongst one other. Children running around while the men and women shared story's of the past. A feeling of nostalgia spread amongst the pack.

But voices became hush and eyes turned towards the patio door as a glowing figure emerged through it gracefully .The sun shone on her as though its purpose was to follow her.

But the unwanted gaze had the graceful butterfly feel trapped. She attempted to disappear but she had no way out. A sudden panic rose having her stumbling back towards the door and without a second thought she walked back into the house away from everything.

The unwanted gazes only held one emotion, sympathy. Something she grew tired of. It never made her feel strong or capable rather it made her seem weak and that drove her crazy.

Breathing in she felt like screaming.

" You can do this Layla" she found herself mumbling.

With a deep breath and new found confidence she seem to lack, her timid footsteps approached the garden, she  joined the rest as they stood amongst the grass. All eyes turning to her had Layla slowly cower in.

The hushed whispers soon stopped as a cough broke them all there trances. Layla smiled softly a smile of gratitude. With a slight nod he managed to take the lime light.

"Today I wanted us all to join us for the loving memeory of all our fallen soldiers. I remember decades ago when our kind were afraid to walk amongst men. This isn't just for those who we've lost but to those we have gained amongst the years. To my family and friends I want this to be a moment we can truly feel that we've conquered our worst enemy's."

Jayden eyes trialed to Layla it had been three weeks since there altercation and he couldnt live with himself without it being resolved. Etching closer he weaved his way through the crowded garden fluttering with anticipation.

Layla stared into the blinding her eyes welling with tears as . She had come so far yet she wasn't healing. From the constant doctor visit to the chemotherapy nothing was working. She gave the chemo therapy a shot but to her it was delaying her death that was uninvetible. She knew her time was up but it was those around her that needed to come to terms with her death. Five weeks of sympathy had left her hopeless. All she could now was wait for death himself.

"Layla" a voice whispered beside her breaking he rout of her thoughts.  The sound of the voice had her clenching her fists.  The only way to shake it off was to ignore him and that was what she was going to do. Ignore him. "Layla" he whispered again, but she ignored it once again. " Come on, I know what i said was mean but you got to admit I am right"

Having enough of his behaviour she turned to him and said " I could never love you even if we were made for each other. I love Leon and there's nothing your or I can do to change that" she smiled at him as she whispered to him. " Im willing to be your friend but thats all. Either take it or leave it" her tone finalised there conversation.

Jayden hands clasped over Laylas frail arm as he dragged her through the crowd and entering his home.  She snatched her arm out of his grasp.

She raised her palm and witht such strength slapped him across cheek leaving an imprint of her hands. Jayden stood frozen with shock as he watched Laylas eyes turn furious.

" Why cant you just accept that were never going to be together. Even if i were to live I would never, ever be with you!" She felt herself step back not accepting that she stooped to his level. She was raised to be better then this even though she hated trying not to create hate. But she wasn't going to let him treat her like this anymore. "Please just stop" she was exhausted at this point. " Let me live knowing I left in good term with everyone. Including you Jayden."

"I bought you in here to say fine, hes won. I-I" he stopped swallowing a hard lump formed in his throat. " What you said back there truly hurt me and I guess I needed to hear it.  I never told you this but I treated you the way I did because I always thought that no matter how much I hurt you, you would always be by my side" wiping away a tear " I guess I lost you for ever when I turned you away the first time and I'll have to live with knowing that it was my fault that were not together and not yours. I blamed you when it was all me and I'm sorry. I want you to forgive me" she was taken back by his wrods. A moment of silence passed, he closed his eyes.

" Im sorry too. I want my last moments with you to be peaceful." She finally said. " I forgive you for what did but from now on what you did isn't important its what you do now"

He nodded his head as be gaze rested in her beautiful face. He put out his hand, with her steady hands she shook his, a way accept that there destiny was never to be lovers but to be friends.

This chapter with Jayden was over and she could now start fresh.

.........

"Layla we have to stay optimistic. The drugs have side effects-" Leon began

"No." The frustation in her voice had all three men stop in tracks.

The look of sheer grief and frustration had them all recating diffrently to sudden outburst.

Roy with hope and Leon with sadness. But even Leon knew she was termianlly ill and in his heart he knew she dying slowly and the thought tugged him in his heart. She was suffering while living.

"I cant keep in doing this, I fight because I want to live for you." Her voice now soft as she approached Roy "Im tired now." Roys eyes watered making Layla step closer to him. "But that dosent mean Im giving up that just means I know I'm dying Roy and nothing we both do can chnage that. I don't want to die feeling like death I wanna die living my life as though i wasn't dying. So Roy all of this makes me feel like a walking, talking soul whose dying. "

" I guess if your ready then i am to" he placed kiss on her forehad. " I've known you my entire life Layla. We've spent a lifetime together even when were forbidden to" he chuckled as he said that. " But thats why i came to love you even more you never saw me as the enemy. You saw me as me,Layla. Im grateful having you in my life" He brought her hands into his palm holding them tight." Just promise me that you dont leave me without me saying goodbye" he finally said

A sad smile played in her lips. " Thats the only promise i don't know  if i can fulfil" she told him sadly

Roy nodded to her statement, the truth was he never knew when his last goodbye will be. He placed a kiss in her forehead and made his way out the room in silence.

"How is she?" Jaydnes looked as he saw all three men walk out the room.

" Shes fine its just the drugs. The side effects aren't exactly pleasant" Leon stated but he knew she didn't have ling left now.

" But she'll  be fine right?" Todd asked.

" I guess so" Leon mumble.

" What do you mean by that?" Todd asked confused.

" I think its best we let her live her life the way she wants" Roy interjected.

" What the hell does that mean?" Jayden's voice spoke with frustration.

" Its her decision and if shes ready we cant stop her. Shes made up her mind" Roy whispered with sadness trying to find his voice. His eyes trialed to Todd " Im sorry I couldn't be much help. We all need to treat everyday as though it could be her last."