Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Layla's feet turned heavy while her breathing hitched as she tried to balance the pack house door. She closed her eyes tightly willing not to cry from the pain. She felt the stabbing starting to decrease slightly but the pain was still there. She loved Jayden why couldn't he give her something back.

She tried her best to keep in her tears since she didn't want people to see the happy Layla look so down.

"Layla!" she heard the voice of little Jake.

She blinked her eyes tightly looking down at the little boy who attacked her with his kindness. She was overwhelmed with such love for this little boy that she didn't know what her reason for being here.

"Jake" she ruffled his hair making him whine. She crouched down so now she was the same level as the little boy. "How is my favourite boy?" her voice shook with emotions when she looked into them deep blue eyes. She didn't want Jake to ever treat women like how Jayden treats her. She wanted to give him the speech about mates and reputation, but Jayden kept on popping into her head. All the memories their was with him seem to flood back like a tide.

The little boy wiped away a tear which seeped down her cheeks. He realised her skin was cold, and skinny. Protectiveness over came him, he wrapped Layla into a warm hug. He rubbed her back soothingly while she buried her head into a little Jakes neck.

This act had just shocked her. Jake was a little boy who didn't understand much but for him to cuddle her in such a way, it left Layla speechless.

"i won't let anyone hurt you" the little boy spoke. "When I am the alpha i will make sure that you can play with me anytime and you can come to me anytime and talk with me"

Layla giggled at this little boy's word. Jake has always been so kind hearted and loving boy. "I will" she told him back which made Jake smile at her.

"Jake you should to be in bed" Roy told his son which made Jake roll his eyes playfully at his father who just winked at him. Jake unwillingly pulled himself off from the rock in his life. His little hands pinched her nose, something which both always did around one another. Layla laughed at the playful little boy, landing a kiss on his forehead.

Jake stomped all the way to his bedroom, huffing form all the way upstairs. Layla felt warm tears coming once more. That little boy never failed to make her feel loved.

"Layla he's a douche" Roy walked up to her, holding her tightly in his arms. He felt so weak when he was around Layla. She always seemed to bring out his emotions side. Hearing the sadness in her voice and the pain in her eyes were never undetected by Roy. He knew she hated being a burden, but he knew she needed him.

After Layla had lost her father Roy had been there for her since day one. They were good friends since they were little. Even though Roy was 2 years older than Layla, he seemed to love her more. This was his baby sister.

"It hurts Roy" she wept, clutching onto his shirt so tightly that he could feel the shirt tightening around his muscles. Even though it hurt, he didn't care.

Then a piercing scream came from the mouth of his very on Layla. He was surprised by this scream. Layla never screamed in such a manner and even if she wanted to she could hold it in.

"It hurts!" Layla screamed letting out another piercing scream. Roy was in a state of panic crying Layla screaming in desperation for help.

"Mike!" he screamed out in panic and desperation after the doctor.

Layla couldn't control this pain; it was more than she had ever had. It wasn't the normal pain, no it was much worse. She felt her heart beating rapidly while she lost her breath. She clutched tighter around Roy's neck while looking to the side, biting her lip as hard as she could so she was unable to let out another painful screams.