Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Her arms extended to take in all the breeze. Her face lightened up and her curly hair bounced in the air. She looked down the cliff admiring the crystal water below. She thought to herself how could anyone not enjoy nature.

Nature that makes Layla who she is. Nature that is abused by selfish people. People who are to lazy to admire the world. The world they trash and leave as their dumping ground, the world.

Layla frowned at thought of such people. Then that smile stretched on her lips, remembering animals appreciated nature as much as she did.

As she ran back to her green paradise; the wind hitting at her dress viscously letting a trail of white cloth flow after her. She giggled at the wind gently engulfing her.

She felt so free! Never in her life would she imagine living a life like this.

But slowly she came back into reality.

Rejection.

Many would have hated him. But not Layla. She admired him, admired him as a very responsible alpha. No matter what he has done to her, she couldn't despise him or discredit him.

Her heart will always belong to him. And he knew that.

She knew life wasn't always a fariytale, there is always something that causes you great pain in life, but you have to face it and live with it. Sure it's difficult and sometimes painful.

But that is life for you. Trials.

Her fairytale was not based around hatred towards anyone.

Even towards her mother who neglected her and her siblings.

Sure it was hard to live with a lost and mother with a grieving soul. But she had to understand that her mother did try being the best she could be. But it wasn't the best she could do. Sure she could be better, but her mother never fought the lonliness or sadness, she ahd let it suffocate her.

She use to be Layla's best freind and protector. But that had all changed when her mate had passed away. Layla knew her and her mothers relationship would never be the same, but she could hopefully crack her mothers shell and bring out part of her mum that was still in burrowed in somewhere.

Layla looked back at her friends. She never really interacted with most members of her pack or anyone her age. She was known to be very shy and introverted.

But even with her shyness they still all spoke to her and made her feel wanted. She loved them for that.

She may not have many close friends but she did love one particular creature . Butterflies.

The butterflies that always fluttered with calm, elegance and beauty.

But she couldn't forget about one special person, Alpha Roy. His mate and their son Jake. A family that brought her hope.

Her smile grew wider remembering Jake. Jake was her life, every time she looked at the boy, her miseries would disappear. She use to comment on about stealing the little boy- but everyone knew she couldn't commit the at of kidnapping.

As she sat down onto the grass, she flashed her pearly white teeth, smiling away. Trailing her fingertips across every flower her gaze met. The yellow little flowers shone like the stars when it came in contact with the sun.

She saw a bee buzzing around, flying towards another flower, performing the daily act. She admired bees even though they could hurt you, but she loved the nature of the insect.

She looked up to the sky scanning all the clouds in her sight. "Father" she whispered, sighing about all the memories she had with her father.

The time he took her out swimming. Her nearly drowning was the best experience, as her father came swing like a dolphin, diving into to save her. She beamed at such memory. Maybe it wasn't the best memory for anyone, but in her eyes it was. Her father was such a loving careful man. She loved that about her father.