Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Layla slept in her bed, a blush quickly rose on her pale cheeks, when a certain thought entered her thought. Her flustered cheeks burnt to a crimson colour with the reoccurring memory.

Her soft fingertips sat gently on her lips, she realised they weren't swollen like she'd hope for; Layla shook her head when she realised that she liked it. She casted a low glance giggling away as Leon filled her mind. Her mind was spinning with just the thought of the mind blowing kiss.

Roy had been smiling ever so widely giving her the accusing smile. She felt like a child that had been caught doing something that they shouldn't have been doing. That had made her feel rather guilty and shameful. She didn't mean to kiss Leon but it happened. Roy had told her not to worry and smiled proudly.

Roy had waited so long for Leon to grow a pair and make a move. He knew Layla was too innocent to even think about kiss so their would be no action on her part. But for the notorious player Leon, Roy would have thought he would have made a stance. Normally his best interest was to protect Layla's heart but he knew Leon was falling for Layla and getting to know him leon found him to be a pretty nice guy. For a human he thought like a werwolf and his loyalty was like a lion.

However, Layla felt unsure about everything that was going on, she felt as though she was deceiving Jayden. The guilt ate her up alive, all she felt was shame.

Shame for falling for Leon and wanting him to hold her. She felt the urge to call him hear his gentle but yet deep voice, the low chuckle and the soothing words. Disappear the constant pain that surged through her frail body.

Leon had given her a piece of paper with his number now that she remembered. Reaching over her bedside table she gently took the piece of paper smiling at the way he scrawled his number trying so hard to be neat. She stared longingly at it hesitating not knowing what the next step. She had never done this before call a guy since she had never been in a position like this. It felt foreign to her.

As she rose from her bed gracefully her head began spinning with pain but Layla ignored it. She needed to grow up and become stronger and not be the weak Layla that Jayden knew her as. Time was too short and she needed to cherish any memory she could catch.

She softly padded her way downstairs gathering the phone in her frail hand. She quivered as she put the phone to her ear hearing the phone ring. It kept on ringing as she waited with anticipation. Her body shook for an unknown reason making Layla have second thoughts.

As the phone rang a little longer she felt as though maybe Leon didn't want to answer her call. Giggling at her stupidity Layla realised it was two in the morning. He could be asleep.

"Hello?" a very tired voice yawned animalistic making her jump with surprise.

Layla couldn't help but giggle at the display of manliness. "Layla?" Layla stood silence not knowing what to do or say; she had never done this before. She heard his deep chuckle making Layla smile. "Your sweet giggle gave it away" he teased, making Layla blush.

"Hello"she squeaked.

"Hello" he began but this time she could hear the smile in his deep voice. "I was waiting for you call for 5 weeks now to be exact. Its nice to hear your voice" he told her but paused like he was thinking. "I sound so desperate. Not that I am. That sounded like I didn't like you. What I meant is-I mean how have you been?" He babbled nervously making Layla giggle at his expense.

"It is fine" Layla softly giggled at his behaviour. Leon couldn't hold back the grin when he heard her say that.

He had been worried sick about her, he was afraid to even find out if anything has happened to her. For 5 damn weeks he was torturing himself, his ego seem to get the better of him sometime. He didn't want to be the one that chased women but now realisation had hit she was worth chasing.