Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"How about we take a trip to see Jake" Layla suggested as Eleanor played with Todd.

The little girl nodded eagerly loving having play dates with Jake. Though Eleanor was shy, she was less shy around Jake. Its like she knew Jake would never hurt her. But once Roy or Rebecca stepped in Eleanor would shy away making Jake drag her back out of her hole. It had been nice for everyone to see Jake help Eleanor out of her shell.

"Layla are you sure? You've been their a lot. I don't mind but Jayden might get the wrong idea. You know both guys don't see eye to eye." Todd was nervous about how much Layla had been spending with Roy these past week, after she came back from hospital. She even missed the pack barbecue few weeks back which doesn't happen often.

Todd knew their was something going on. Every time he went to go ask roy he would say Layla needed space for a while and fresh air. Todd didn't buy that but he accepted it because he knew he could trust Roy with his sisters life.

"I know" she said sadly. "But Eleanor always feels a lot better being around Jake. I couldn't call him over since Jayden might hurt him" Layla's tone was torn. She adored Jake and she couldn't watch him get the wrath of Jayden.

"I'll be your watch out. I like Roy he's a great guy." Todd had known Roy for a long time and knew that Roy was more matured than spoiled brat-Jayden. Hence why he would rather have her sister hang around with Roy.

.............

"Jake"Eleanor squealed as she ran up to Jake who decided to spray water on her. Layla giggled as she felt Eleanor small little hand clutch onto her dress as she hid away from Jake.

Se felt as thought she was in a middle of it as she was sprayed making her giggle while Eleanor got the bucket throwing it Jake. This times Jakes attention was elsewhere which made Layla's get away easy.

Layla sat beside Roy who laughed at his sons antics. She watched as the little girl ran back to Jake. What a brave she was Layla thought. To suffer so much at such a young age.

It had take a while for the little girl to tell Layla her story. Tears were shed and a lot of hugging had taken place. Eleanor and her mother were running from her father. Layla had found out that Eleanor father was abusive towards her and her mother. The final straw was when little Elanor was kicked in the head which caused her to have a concussion and brian damage. Her mother had planned her escape for a while, but when they did escape her father found then but her mother hid her, promising her to stay slient. Her mother was beaten, slashed and killed in front of little Elenor. She had gotten use to the abuse but seeing her mother being killed was to much for the little girl.

They were going to go live with her aunt who lived in an hour away from where Layla's pack was. Roy had been searching for the little girls aunt. Eleanor needed her family and it pained Layla to have to say goodbye ti the little girl. Eleanor became a part of Layla's life, healing Layla's pain.

"Have you found Eleanor's aunt?" Layla asked sadly. Though she knew she was doing the right thing she didn't want to let her go, she grew so close to the little girl.

"We might have a Megan Collins who lives a hour and half away from us." Layla's was smiling but Roy could see how much it was hurting for her to let go.

"Hey" Roy tucked Layla in to his arm before layla sadly looked up at him. "I know you love her but she needs her family. She'll be protected since Mrs Collins husband is an alpha, a nice guy might I add." Roy added softly.

"You spoke to them?" Layla asked astonished by how much Roy was working hard to get the little girl back to her family.

"Layla." Roy became nervous he didn't want to break the news but he knew he had to. "It is them. They told us about her mother and father. They were worried when Eleanor and her mum hadn't come. They had talked to Eleanor's previous Alpha who said that her father committed suicide after his wife had ran off. But Alpha Sam Collin and his wife didn't believe she was alive. They thought both were gone."

"The poor little girl" Layla whispered watching Eleanor play with Jake with such youth, so care freely and happily.

"We were once like that. No wonder people assumed we were going to be mates" Layla eyes went wide, blushing at the thought of being with Roy like that. She never thought of Roy and her to be intimate rather she saw him as her older brother. They both preferred it that way.

Roy chuckled at her while she laid into him once again. Wrapping his arm around her he could feel her bones but made no comment. Part of him wanted to rise up her top just see how much weight she had lost, but he knew he would tear up and he wanted to stay strong for his little butterfly. Weight was one symptom but it scared him the signs were already coming forth.

"Hows Leon?" Roy asked randomly.

"He's fine" Layla felt her cheeks burn up. They gad gotten a lot closer, he would help her feel healthy again."We have been getting a lot close. I'm scared" Layla whispered nervously.

"Why?" he asked with confusion. Layla trusted Leon why would she be afraid of the guy? he thought.

"What if he finds out what we are" quietly she spoke looking up at Roy who just sighed.

"He wont care believe me. He loves you for you Layla. Not what you are."Roy grinned. He knew Leon already knew but Layla had no idea. It was funny to watch Layla feel worried of Leon discovering what they truly were.

A loud bang from inside of the house could be heard making Layla jump up as the door was being attacked. Roy stood up ignoring the worried looks.

"Layla!" they could hear banging on the door and shouting from the one and only Jayden. "Open the damn door before I break it down." He growled.

"You stay here" Layla felt scared. Jayden came for her, he never normally came for her. He never even stepped onto Roy's territory.

The children stopped playing watching Layla who looked frightened. Jake walked up to Layla making sure to protect her.

"No one can hurt you" Jake promised taking Layla's hand into his giving her a reassuring squeeze. She smiled at the little boy placing a loving kiss on his head.

"I know you can alpha" she told him in a soft but serious tone making Jake blush.

Banging and shouting could be heard making Layla choke. Letting go of Jake she clutched onto her ears, heart pounding and tears surfacing.

Heavy bounding footsteps could be heard along with Roy's anger rising to the surface. Jayden's fierce voice made Layla clench her eyes shut.

"Leave her alone!" Roy bellowed. She could feel Jayden standing behind her making her even frightened.

Jake didn't like the man that was there. Alpha Jayden. He seem to cause his Layla so much pain. Jake stared into the eyes of the Alpha who dared to hurt his Layla.

"Im sorry" she whispered more to herself but Jayden caught it.

"You better be. What are you doing with this asshole? I forbade you to even go near his territory. You completely went against my word!" he growled, without a though gripping onto Layla's arm roughly making her stand up.

That was the final straw for Roy in an instant he removed Jayden's grasp on Layla's arms. In a quick movement Jayden was pinned against the wall by a furious looking Roy.

"You ever lay a hand on her I will slaughter you like the weak wolf you are" Roy's tone was so monstrous that Jake stood back and Layla gasped.

Layla closed her eyes she had never seen Roy act like this.

"Let him go" Layla's delicate voice spoke as she approached Roy who was burning with anger. She placed her gentle hand on his shoulder.

Instantly Jayden was dropped wheezing and coughing. While Roy stood back in shock. He never was aggressive, he could always control his temper.

Eleanor with fearful eyes ran up you Layla while Jake held little Eleanor hand comfortingly. Roy stood with Layla watching as Jayden lay helpless.

Finally he rose from the ground clutching onto his throat and giving a final cough. He watched Layla stand with Roy his son and the little girl, they all were strangers to him. His eyes burned into Layla's making her eyes go wide and gaze at her feet.

"You better pick your side Layla" Jayden spat storming out the house in pain.