Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Steadily Layla rose from her bed yawning. Looking beside her she placed a gentle kiss on Eleanor's forehead. It was her final day with the little girl. She was going to be reunited with her aunt in a surprise reunion.

While Layla brushed her teeth and took her medication she smiled at her reflection. Even though she had lost a lot of colour she was still Layla.

A little body attacked her shaky leg making her giggle. Clutching onto Layla's leg Eleanor watched as Layla take a damp cloth wiping her drooling face. The little girl squealed at the damp cloth. Grunting as her face was dabbed my the cloth while Layla softly wiped it.

"Lets get you into the bath" Layla giggled teasing her as she held the little girls hand and taking her towards the bathroom. Quickly she showered the little girl, clothing her in a pretty lilac coloured dress. While Layla showered Eleanor talked animatedly to her about her new found interest.

"Is Leon going to come with us?" Eleanor asked Layla while playing with the tassel of her dress.

Eleanor adored Leon and loved it when he came to play with her and Layla. Everything Leon came he would always bring out a some in Layla. Eleanor knew it was the real genuine, living smile because her mum would always smile at her like that when she came back from her Aunts house. She knew that Layla was cared of many people but she still tried ti make people feel at ease. Layla reminded her so much of her own mother. Her mother was just like Layla, so loving even after being beaten up, she covered up her pain for the world. But little Eleanor could always feel her mothers pain. But just like her mother Layla was just as loyal.

The little girls eyes watered as remembered her mother being beaten up for a mistake she had made.

The question for Layla was asked at such a wrong time, since Layla was massaging shampoo into her hair. Her eyes had gone wide.

"Ouch"Layla said painfully, chuckling softly as her eyes burned with shampoo. Quickly rinsing her hair and then her eyes she answered. Eleanor couldn't resist a giggle as she heard Layla's laughter."No but if you want him to come I can ask" Layla said as blushed at the thought of meeting Leon again.

"Please. Please. I want him to swing me" Layla could tell the little girl was pouting.

"I will call him. Will you pass me my towel?" Layla asked. Passing the towel Layla told the little girl to choose a outfit for her to wear. Eleanor ran into their room to find Layla's outfit. This was their routine.

Layla wrapped the towel around her aching body. Her legs were shaky and her body was getting weaker. As she looked into the mirror she saw bruises on her arm where Jayden had latched onto her. She lightly touched it but winced. His hand print was clearly seen, he had grabbed her whole arm. That just showed how emaciated Layla had become.

Her eyes travelled to her face then to her collarbone; she could see her bones. It wasn't a pretty sight. She had an appointment today at 3 which Roy was going to take her. But first she needed to take care of Eleanor. They were going to meet her aunt and uncle at the park.

As Layla took a last look at her thinning body she heard a scream and shouting coming from her bedroom. As quickly her legs could take her she ran to her room. In the corner was Elenor quivering and standing was a very angry looking Holly.

"Look what this little brat did?" Holly sneered glaring at a trembling Eleanor.

Layla looked at Holly soaking with water. Her gaze softened as she watched Eleanor.

"She didnt do it by purpose" Layla gently told her sister who glared at her. She watched Eleanor cover her face making Layla's heart hurt.

"I don't care. I want this little brat gone. Why do we need to take care of her?" the disgust in Hollys voice made Eleanor try to disappear within the wall as her eyes burnt again with tears