Chapter 21

Chapter 21

After a distressing week Layla had finally been discharged. The treatment was on going, draining her constantly.
Though her condition wasn't getting any better she became more accepting of the fact that she would never truly ever get better again.

From now on there was no room for any secrets or fear on her part anymore. But it was now everyones turn to accept her true fate. She was dying.

Roy waved her goodbye instantly she felt herself breaking without his presence. He was her rock. She wanted to run back into his arms.

Jayden saw the sadness fill in her eyes as he saw Roy drive off. Hurt was evident on his face.

"Here let me help you" Jaden moved quickly towards Layla extending his arm out for the bags.

She looked frail in his eyes and Layla began to hate it.

Layla wanted to push away his kindness but her heart wouldn't let that happen. As much as he had hurt her seeing him beg for her forgiveness she didn't have heart to turn him away. Her nature wasn't evil like his was.

"Your help is not welcomed" Layla's mother intervened with hostility, just as she saw Layla almost give in.

Her glare was sharp and Layla could see her mother battle her inner wolf.

"Ms Adams, I'm truly sorry about my actions and I know you're angry with me but I want you to give me another chance." His words were sincere but Layla's mothers was too drunk too care.

"Another chance" she scoffed . "To beat up my son, slap around my daughter and break my daughters hearts again. I'd rather not. You're a filthy, disgusting little boy who needs to stay away from my family" her drunken fingers jabbed into his chest roughly.

"Mother." Layla's tender voice pulled her mother away from her rage. "Anger destroys any chance of us moving forward" her mothers lips tugged into a small smile.

She stared at her daughter and for a brief moment saw her husband standing in her presence. Staring up at her husband she saw the playful smile and beautiful bold eyes looking down at her with love. But soon he disappeared just like that.

"You remind me so much of him" she spoke her voice wavering with sadness.

He would always say if you never forgave and you let anger take over we would become persistent in living in the past and the anger in us would destroy us eventually. Holding grudges wasn't worth anyones happiness.

"Ms Adams-" Jayden spoke awkwardly staring at the pair.

"Grab her bag and put it into her room and then kindly leave" she spat and turned her back towards him.

Todd stood at the front porch smirking observing the altercation.

"Filthy, disgusting little boys aren't allowed in my home mother" he called out to his mum.

"Todd" Layla warned softly.

"What?" He began lauging as he walked into the house following his mum.

"The only person in your family who likes me is you. And its really you who shoud despise me the most" Jayden whispered to Layla startling her as he walked behind her. He stared down at her with affection, moving closer to her instantly Layla moved as far away form him as she could.

She wasn't as weak as he thought she was.

"Lifes to short to hold grudges." Her tender voice finally spoke up.

Layla and Jayden walked up to her room in complete silence. He had the urge to hold her hand but knew that would be pushing it. Instead he settled for being in her presence.