Chapter 10

Jeremiah's P.O.V

we are in the kitchen trying to help Maya cook for the dinner date she has with her friends, I'm beginning to really like her, we talked for hours she is so easy going it's really easy to talk to her.I learned a lot about her life. she's Haitian, she has a sister and a brother both half.she came from a Christian family, she's really big on God.her favorite color is blue.she's been though a lot, she was married but it ended badly.she is so strong, beautiful and she loves everyone.I don't know how she does it she even forgave her ex-husband, she's better than I am.I look over at her helping Samuel cut sweet peppers.I know Samuel likes her as well even if he won't admit it.he hired the blonde but she was lazy, she thought because she was sleeping with the boss she could do what her pleased. I fired that bitch never liked her.I have no idea if Samuel is still seeing her,I don't really did a flying shit.

"are you okay jeer bear" Maya says looking up at me.

"jeer bear" Samuel repeated and laughs.I like the nick name she gave me I think it's cute.

"yeah, you jealous"he laughs

"not at all"

"stop it Samuel, what's wrong you've been staring at that pot water for awhile.

"I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right" she smiles her beautiful smile.

"it's only water hon"

when we finished cooking it was seven thirty-one.the table is colourful.I'm never going home if this is how she cooks everyday.

"oh my goodness you guys its beautiful, thank you for helping"

"you did most of it all we did was get in the way"I said

"don't be silly, if you guys didn't help I would never have finished, I'm going to go take a shower, you know where the guest room is Jeremiah, see you in a few" she walks out of the bathroom we watch her but sway from side to side.

"you running her over was the best thing that happen to us"

"tell me about it"