1

The wind was whirling, leaving the long dry yellow grass swaying from side to side. The sky was filled with dark purple clouds, filled with water. I stand in the middle of the field with bloody clothes laying on top of my body. My face was tear stained and puffy, in the distance I spot a shadow walking to my left. Running, I start to run through the field towards the shadow helpless. Didn't know what I was looking for, I just start to run. I reach the shadow, not able to breath. The shadow than turns into a man, his figure wasn't buff but still fit. Some of his hair was hanging out from a grey beanie, it's color a deep brown almost looking black. I reach out to touch his shoulder but lose my balance, I begin to fall. As I'm falling my surroundings become black, darkness that is swallowing me whole.

    Then I land, I land on a mattress while my body is covered in sweat. My breathing is heavy as tears spill out of my eyes, opening my eyes I see I'm in my apartment above the serpents bar. I shoot up scanning my surroundings to make sure I'm fully awake. Breathing a sigh of relief, I yank the basic dark grey covers off my body. The cold air hits my bare legs leaving a calming chill throughout my whole body. My toes curl with contact to the floor, I get up to turn on the lamp. The golden light glows in the whole room, reveling my soft grey walls. Something completely opposite from the pale pink in my childhood bedroom. My brown wooden bedside table held my phone. I look down at it as it told me the time. 4:30am, there's no way I will fall back to sleep tonight. So I get ready in some running clothes, leaving the apartment I quietly sneak down the stairs leaving the bar. I begin to run, the only sound I hear is my breathing.

   I somehow ended up in a grassy park, I stopped to catch my breath watching the abandoned park. Looking forward at the street lights, the little road its glow changing from red to yellow to green. My breathing calms down while I stare at the colors on the road. I snap out of my blank state of mind, and head back to the bar. Minutes later I stand in front of a run down building, with soft red and yellow lights filling the dark sky. I reach for my phone in my pocket to check the time. 6:00am. FP Jones, The leader of the serpents should be here any second. I step into the building, going behind the bar to grab a glass of water. I stand there drinking a glass of water when someone called my name.

"Betty?" I whip my head around, only to be in front of FP. I wave at him as I finish the last bit of water. He walks closer to me. His smell of beer and ash fill my lungs. "Whatyoudoing...up?" He slurs obviously drunk. I sneak my arm on his lower back, holding him up straight. We stumble over to the couch who sits in the corner of the bar. Laying him down on the couch he passes out almost immediately. I huff out a breath of tiredness, I look around the empty bar seeing run down shelves and stools. Tables began to wilt like flowers, the pool table looks the newest out of all the furniture. In the middle a huge snake is painted. I let myself fall onto the other couch, still in my running clothes. Dosing off into my own sleep across from FP. Black, waking up to black and gentle shaking. The light adjusts to my now open eyes as I see a tan girl with pink highlighted hair. She has her hands on my arms the one doing the shaking.

"What happened?" The girl asked me.

"He is drinking again Toni." I reply in a whisper. Sitting up glancing above the door at the clock I found that it was almost ten. Great.

"You need to do something." She whispers back at me. I give her a 'no really' sarcastic look. "Sorry." She then quickly adds. The walls felt like they were closing in on me in some sort of way. From the brightness of the lights my head ached, a squeezing sensation took over my skull. Flashbacks from my dreams came flooding back, the blood, the red sight all over my body. Fiery liquid soon hit my cheeks, I jumped at the feeling. Swiftly wiping the liquid away I jump up to get normal clothes on. Sprinting up stairs I pull the quickest things from my closet, a black tee shirt with jeans.

Walking down to the bar I see a still sleeping FP. The tavern opens any minute, and he still isn't awake. Grabbing aspirin and water, I softly walk to the sleeping body. Placing a hand on his arm I shake him awake. His eyes shoot open, no longer shot with red. I present him the aspirin, he smiles thankfully at me as he sits up. Swallowing the medicine he walks to the office. Blazing light soon fills the room as people cover the open space. Chattering filled the silence, as the room became more and more busy.

A tall man then entered, he had jet black hair and a snake tattoo on his neck. "Hey sweets." I yell over the talking in the bar.

"Hey, B." He yells back, taking me in his embrace. "I got to tell you something." He whispers in my ear. I rase my eyebrows curious of what he was going to say. "I found him, FP's son." I then begin to panic.

"You didn't bring him back, did you?" I scream at him, but going unnoticed by the noice. He shakes his head rapidly, I sigh in relief. "He's drinking again." I state against his shoulder. When he was about to say something, when the doors open. There stood a figure shaped similar to FP. My eyes widen as Sweet pea whispers "what are we going to do?"