Chapter 12: Confused Heart ♥ or </3

Hey guys!!! :)

Dream Writer here! I just wanted to let you know that thank you for reading Love My Enemy and voting :) I especially appreciate the users: karla419 and 1mango104 because they have been commenting when I told you all! >:) (so if u wanna be mentioned here, be xur to comment :)) hehehehe! kidding!) So far, what do you think of the story I'm putting up? COMMMEENNNT! AND VOOTE! ;D Oh and for this chapter, I've put up a video from Youtube. It's one of my favorite songs at the moment. Feel free to listen to it. The title is Be Your Everything by Boys Like Girls. The song's stuck in my head right now hahahaha! And for the next chapter, I'm not sure if I could publish it within this week because we have our periodic tests this week. Such a drag, ikr! :| So...yeeah

Okaayy, enough for the chit chat, sorry to keep you all from waiting ;)

NOW PRESENTIIINNNGG *drum roll* 

CHAPTER 12: CONFUSED HEART ♥ or </3

***********************************************************************************

"Wanna dance?" 

I looked at him as he stand in front of me with his hair swept off at the side. He has straighten his curls tonight.  

"Guess not," he said in a low voice. As he turned away from me, I got hold of the hem of his black shirt. He turned his head, but he wasn't looking at me.  

"Sit with me?" I tap the seat beside me.  

This time, he faced me and removed my hand from his shirt. He sat down in the same railing as mine, but he was so far away. 

"What the heck?!" I asked him. 

"What?" he asked as if he's innocent. 

"How could we talk if we're miles apart?"  

"We're talking, aren't we?"  

"He's right," I thought. "But, aaagghhh! I give up!" I said annoyingly. I crossed my arms. Suddenly, I felt a skin against mine. I looked at my right and there sat Clyde, so close to me. His arms touching my bare arms sent a electrical feeling through my body. I was feeling uneasy all of a sudden.  

"You want us to be close like this?" he said mockingly. 

"Not this close," I said so I pushed him away a little bit further. "There, perfect!" 

"I'm bored. Wanna dance?"  

"But I just—" 

He sighed, "I'm gonna rephrase my sentence. I meant was, 'Let's dance!' " He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. The music background was "Be Your Everything" by Boys Like Girls. He snaked his hands around my waist but I jerked a little, away from him.  

"Relax, I don't bite," he smirked. "Aren't you going to put your arms around me?" 

My arms lie limp in my sides. He took them and put them around his neck. "Do I have to do everything?" 

I chuckled softly, "Sorry, just not used to seeing you act like this." 

He moved us side to side. "What do you mean?" 

"You're cold towards me sometimes. Actually, you're cold to most of the people," I said shyly.  

"Tell me more," 

"About?" 

"About me, tell me what you think of me," his voice was gentle. 

My tongue was stuck inside my mouth as if I'd been ask a million dollar question that I have to think twice, thrice or a million times to answer it correctly to win a million bucks. I let out a deep sigh amd started talking, "You act cold towards other people and even to me. I just don't understand why you have to be so unapproachable in school.

  "You pick on me. You tease me. When you're acting like that, I always harbor anger towards you. It was years we haven't seen each other then now you appear in front of me and do those things back  again like when we were kids. You haven't changed at all. You're still the same mischievous, Slick-calling dude. But...despite all of that, I don't know why I couldn't stay mad at you for so long. You're always in my mind—" I stopped because I've said too much and I could already tell I've confessed so much. "I mean...just forget to last thing I said."

  "How could I forget that? You just reminded me," he chuckled. His face was gentle. His eyes were sincere and this was not the Clyde I knew back when we were still kids. I lied about him being the same awhile ago. He was a totally different person now. Whenever I'm near him, he always sends me butterflies. But sometimes, he could be so unpredictable. 

  "How about me? Your turn to say what you think about me right now," I smiled.

  "Hmm...let me see...you're still red-haired, small, dumb, loud, annoying and hyper-active," he said.

  I waited for more. "Anything else you wanna add about me?" 

  "Since you asked, your wish is my command," he spinned me around and then he let me arched my back and pull me back up again. "Despite all the negative things I've said about you, right now, you're cuter than before."

  I raised my eyebrow but my heart was in its abnormal beat. My cheeks grew pink at the moment. "Tha-that's it? Well, I-I'm not satisfied with it, for your information."

  "But it made you blush," he smirked again. 

  "Sh-shut up!" I spitted out and looked away from him. We were silent first. Dancing and dancing. I find it surprising that I didn't get bored at all. It's like my feet were never tired. 

  "So...with what you said about being more than friends? Do you mean that?" I abruptly asked him, leveling my face to his. 

  "Do you believe it?" he asked back.

  "Umm...I dunno either," I shook my head gently. Deep inside me, I really don't know what to feel at all. 

  "Hmmm...oh well, then we're finished!" his eyes were not on me as he slid his arms away from my waist. It felt different without his hands on them. This time, I really needed someone to support my weight because I'm feeling unsteady. I don't know if I'm just really dizzy or because of what he has said. 

  "What? What do you mean we're finished?" I stammered. What does he mean? 

  "I meant we're finished dancing. The music stopped," he smiled a sad smile. "And Flirty's coming your way." He faced his back to me as he put his hands into his jeans' pockets and exited the clubhouse to the dark night. As I turned around, River was standing behind me. 

  "Ready to head back to the hotel? Coz I am," he was panting. "Boy, Janna's an active dancer compared to you. And the more talkative one."

  "Hey! I heard that," Janna said as she come up from behind him. "Yo, Blaire, what's with the expression on your face?"

  "What's on my face?" I asked them.

  "You look...sad and depressed," River replied. "Something going on that you wanna tell us?"

  "I uh..was just getting sleepy, that's all," I shrugged. "C'mon, let's go back to the hotel room."

    I called Will as we go back to the hotel. When I opened the door, the lights were off but I didn't bother turning it on because I found Clyde fast asleep on the couch still on his black shirt and jeans. Will ran to our bedroom but his footsteps wasn't loud enough to wake Clyde up. The only light illuminating the room was the moonlight on the balcony. I changed my slippers into the hotel's slippers. I sat down on the floor beside the couch as I stroke the hair of Clyde carefully. "Why do you have this effect on me? What are you?" I said inside my head. His slow breathing made me sleepy too so I fell asleep on the comfy floor.