Chapter 7: Twisted Trip

"Wha-wha.." I can't think straight. Why is he here? Is he here to ruin my three days of vacation?

"Can you give us some time to talk?" Dad told Mrs. Williams and Clyde. Mrs. Williams smiled and nodded. Dad closed the door.

"Honey, I know this is sudden but-"

"Dad, it's really sudden," I cut him. I think I already have an idea of what he's going to tell me.

"Let me explain," Dad said and we sat on the couch. "Their reservations were given away because they didn't confirm it completely. And it such a waste to let them travel back home. Imagine, 3 hours of going & returning. Let's extend a helping hand and besides, it's been years since we've seen them. Alright?"

"What's the plan?" I crossed my arms.

"Your mom and I are planning to let Will stay with you and Clyde while Mrs. Williams will share a room with us?"

"What about Janna and River? They could have a room to themselves while we suffer?"

"Blaire! I'm the head of this family so don't you dare complain to my decisions. It's very embarrassing for River & Janna to have complete strangers hanging around their room."

"Since I'm left with no choice," I sighed. "Let's go tell them."

We told the plan to the both of them and Mrs. Williams was happy to hear our solution to their problem. Will transferred quickly to my room so did...Clyde. He was silent the whole time. I went to change into my swimsuit inside the huge bathroom. I put on a t-shirt and short to cover the swimsuit. I tied my red semi-curly hair into a loose ponytail. "Lookin cute, Blaire," I said inside my head. I'm so excited to see River.

As I opened the door, I was surprised to see Clyde and Will talking with each other.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked them.

"You," Will answered.

"What about me?" I said.

"Nothin," Clyde said. "Right, buddy?" He winked at Will.

"I saw what you did!" I told Clyde.

"Of course you did!"

"Yup, it's nothin Blaire. We were just making fun of you!" Will chuckled.

"Such a bad influence," I muttered under my breath.

I heard Clyde laugh a soft laugh then he shook his head.

"Enjoy each other's company because I'm heading to the beach!" I headed out and went to invite River & Janna. They were all good to go. But, I've sensed a dark aura on River.

~Beach~

The sun's shining brightly. Beach umbrellas are everywhere. Sun-kissed skin people are enjoying the sun. Sand castles here and there, beach towels are laid everywhere. Families enjoying the water and the waves. Janna, River and I found the perfect spot. We put up our umbrella and I stripped off my t-shirt and shorts. "Blaire?" River asked in confusion. I saw his eyes almost popping out. Janna was also surprised too.

"Relax guys, I have my bathing suit on," I told them.

"Oh I thought..." River mumbled.

"You thought what? You thought she's going na—" Janna wasn't able to finish her sentence.

"Janna!" I cut her. I was turning red.

She laughed hard, "Sorry! I was kidding, Blaire," she apologized. "Now if you'll excuse me, I will get some sun."

"And I'll swim!" I ran to the ocean.

"Hey wait up!" River called out behind me with a net in his hand. My heart was beating fast. He's going swimming with me.

When we both got to the ocean, I told River, "Since you've got a net in your hand, let's find beautiful shells then after we have collected them, let's make something out of them. Okay?"

"What about you? You don't have a net,"

"It's fine, I have a pocket in my bathing suit. I'll place the shells inside my pocket."

"That sounds fun, sure! I'll go for it!" he swam to the bottom and started collecting while I swam a little bit further. As I dip my head inside the water, colorful things flooded through my vision. Sparkling corals, a school of small and colorful fishes are swimming happily, beautiful seashells all in different sizes and colors. I also found a pearl lying inside an oyster. I gathered all the pretty seashells I've found and I've placed some of them inside the pocket of my swimsuit. I swam up and took a deep breath and swam down again. I've decided to go back to the spot where I've spotted the pearl. As I swam a little deeper, I carefully took the pearl out successfully. Swimming up, I kick my legs as fast as I can so I could get air. It's almost running out. Suddenly, the thing I've hated the most while swimming happened. CRAMPS! Luckily, my hand reached the top. I was waving my hand frantically for help. The other one was balled into fists because I was holding the pearl. "Oh fudge!" I said inside my head.

"Help! Help! Save me anyone! Heeelllpp!" I tried to shout. But I know it was barely loud to let anyone hear in the seashore, I think? But, I think I heard someone shouting too, I just couldn't see and concentrate on the person's voice. I suddenly regretted that why I have to swim so damn far away from the shoreline. "HELP! HELP ME! ANYONE! HELP! PLEASE—" Giving up, I let my weight pull me down. I was gasping for more air. Water entered my nose and mouth. I was sinking and my leg hurts from the cramp. I can't move, I'm paralyzed at the moment. My vision was blurry and my eyes hurt. The salt was hurting my eyes and it stings. I can only control this much. Slowly, my eyelids are getting heavier gradually covering my eyes when I see a black figure hovering over me. Then, darkness.