Prologue

"Give that back to me!" I shouted at Clyde. "You're the worst!" 

"Why would I? I have rights!" he replied to me. 

I sighed and sat down under the shady apple tree. I forced my tears to come out from my eyes. Suddenly, water was forming under my lids, and I knew it was working. I sniffed and cried and suddenly Clyde came running towards me with my doll in his hand. 

"Tsk, Slick! Here, come on! Stop crying!" he pleaded. I didn't stop sniffling. "Fine, fine! Take your stupid doll! And I'm sorry." 

I wiped my tears with the back of my palms and took the doll. I stuck my tongue out, "You always fall for this." Then I laughed mischievously and happily.  

"This...really," he muttered. "Come here!" Instead of me going to him, he wrapped his arms around me and shuffled my hair. My hair is now entangled.  

"Clyde! Get off!" I yelled, as I move my elbows away from him. "Clyde!" 

"This is what you get for tricking me, Slick!" he said under his breath. 

"It's because you deserve it!" 

"Blaire, honey! Lunch's ready!" my mom's voice echoed out. 

"Hey Clyde, Mom's calling me. I wanna make my tummy happy," I told Clyde.  

He let go off me and climbed up the apple tree swiftly like a monkey, and when he came down, I blurted out, "You're like a monkey, are you sure you're not one of them?"  

"Ha ha, vewy funny," he said sarcastically. "Anyway, here you go!" he threw an apple to me which I successfully caught.  

"Oh thank you vewy much!" I said and crunched the apple into my mouth. It tastes fresh and sweet. "Yum!" 

"You better hurry up, Slick! Your mom might scold you if you don't go now!"  

"I hate you for calling me that!" I crossed my arms and turned to face the opposite direction of him. "Bye bye!" 

"Let's continue playing after we eat our lunch, okay?" he shouted behind me.  

" 'Kay!" I yelled back. 

~After Lunch (Dessert)~ 

"Blaire, honey, we're leaving," Mom said to me as I pick the cherry on top of my ice cream sundae. 

"Really? Where? To the park?" I asked. 

"No, as in we're leaving this place," she said. "We're not coming back here anymore." 

"Huh? When?"  

"Later, I've already packed your things upstairs. The only thing left is your doll." 

"Why are we leaving?" I asked again. 

"Mommy and Daddy's business is not doing well in here so Daddy decided to transfer." 

"Mommy? Could I tell Clyde that we're leaving?" 

"I'm pretty sure he knows already. I've already told his parents." 

"Oh...then I'll just go to my room and..." 

"Okay, honey. Go take a last look in your bedroom. I'll call you when we're gonna leave. I'm sorry, sweetie!" Mom brushed some strands of my hair away from my forehead and kissed it.  

"It's okay Mommy! I know evwything will be okay! I love you, Mama!" 

"Love you too, sweetie!" 

I ran upstairs and went inside my room.  

"B-bye strawberry wallpaper! B-bye fluffy floor! B-bye-" I stopped saying goodbyes because I heard something knocking on my window. I opened my window to find out Clyde was on the tree beside my window.  

"Hey red head! Heard the news!" he plucked one strand of my freakishly reddish hair.  

"Owwwiii! That hurt!" I rubbed my head. "Yes! In fact, I'm happy that I won't be able to see you anymore!" 

"I'm glad too! May I come in, Slick?!"  

Before I could say no and shove his foot off the tree so he could lose his balance, he was quicker than me. His feet landed on my fluffy floor. "Smells like stwabewees!" Clyde commented. 

"I love stwabewees, remember?"  

"Yup! Like your hair!" he laughed. 

I just stayed silent and after a few seconds, I said, "I think I'm gonna miss you Clyde..." 

"Me too, Slick! Me too!" he extended his pinky in front of me.  

"What are we gonna pinky promise for?" 

"Pinky promise that we should forever stay as..." 

"Oh I get it!" I interrupted him. "I pinky promise that we should forever stay as enemies!" 

"Hmm, that could work!" he released his longer-pinky-than-mine and took my doll which is silently sleeping face to face with the wall. "May I have this?" 

"You know I couldn't sleep without Dolly!" 

"Please? Remembrance?" he pouted in front of me. 

"Tsk, okay! I'll just ask Daddy to buy me a new one in our new place," I smiled. "How about me? What's your remembrance for me?" 

"Blaire! Let's gooo!" I heard Mom's voice downstairs.  

"Follow me quickly!" Clyde instructed me to go with him near the window as he tucked Dolly inside his t-shirt. He climbed out of the window and hung on the tree. 

"What now, Clyde? I have to go!" I whined.  

"Here's the remembrance!" he plucked out a flower from the tree and hung it on my ear. "Goodbye, red head!" Then he jumped off the tree while I went out of my room and went inside a big big car with the remembrances we gave each other. Clyde has the doll I gave him while I have the little white flower he hung on my ear.