Chapter 25: Unsaid Feelings

~CLYDE'S POV~

I can't believe I've effin done it. I've told her. I've finally told Blaire that I like her—well, sorta. I am really not going to lose to that feminine boy she's with. It's been two days since I've admitted to her. The whole weekend I can't not just think about our moment on the rooftop. But now, I have to take care of Janna. She is absent today. I have to tell her that the plan's off. I wonder if she's ok or if she has skipped classes again. I got out my phone and called Janna. I've gotta admit, she pissed me off the first time we had a conversation but I didn't expect that she's an alright friend.

"What do you want!" she blurted out after the first two rings. Scratch it, I'm not saying she's nice anymore. "I'm in a middle of a peddies."

"What the hell are peddies?" Girls...

"Pedicures, I had no time soo...I've decided to have it today.

"On a school day?" 

"On a MONDAY. You know how I feel on Mondays," she explained. "Mondays are never my days."

I guess I need to cut to the chase. "I need to talk to you about the plan. It's off."

"What? Off as in we're not going to pretend anymore?" she sounded sad on the other side.

"Yeah, I've already told her that I like her."

"WHAT?! You told her that you like her? When? How could you not tell me?" she sounded hurt this time. 

"Well I sorta kinda told her that I like her. I told her last Friday in her house. I came to visit her and the words just came out. Look, I promise I'll explain tomorrow. Okay?"

"Oh," was all she could say in the other line. "Well, goodbye partner. It has been nice working with you. Umm, I gotta go. My hands are next." Then she clicked off the phone. Was it just me or she sounds jealous? No, it couldn't be. It was just a show to prove if Blaire felt anything towards me. She understands that. I hope I made the right decision of trusting her not to tell Blaire. It's not that I wanna hurt Blaire. I was just desperate to gain her attention. 

~BLAIRE'S POV~

I am still freaking out. Even though it has been already two days since the confession he made, I still can't believe it. He said he "MAY" have a little crush on me. So it's not like. But then, he called me Blaire and gave me the little white flower which looks like the flower inside my drawer. I am not in school because I decided to skip it by faking a cold. This was the first time I used the "I'm sick" excuse so that I couldn't go to school. Usually, I go to school then cut classes. I had to stay home because I had to take care of Poof and every Monday is my enemy.

That night when Poof barked, I panicked and bid Clyde goodbye. I climbed back inside my room and took care of Poof. Luckily, Poof was an angel who listened to me by whimpering softly. When my parents and Flynn were nowhere in sight, I went to the grocery and pet store to buy all the doggie goodies so my puppy will be taken care of. When I came back, I gave Poof a red collar with a paw pendant in the middle and Poof was engraved on it. I fastened the collar for her and she looked happy. I crawled under my blankets and so did Poof but she crawled under my arms. I lie quietly under my blankets and thought about River and Clyde. What should I do? I have to break one of their hearts for sure. River, who has been my crush since forever? Or Clyde who has been my enemy since childhood? River makes me feel like I'm not such a bad girl while Clyde makes me feel me and uneasy but in a good way. Everything is making me frustrated! Poof was sleeping beside me and I feel it's the best idea to copy her. 

~JANNA'S POV~

 How could I have been so stupid? I knew from the start that the whole plan was to gain Blaire's attention but what I didn't expect is that I also fell for the trap. What I also didn't expect is that I started having feelings for Clyde. Since River is kinda like with Blaire now, maybe it's okay to like him. Blaire can't just have everyone loving her. Yes, I'm a bad best friend. But hey, this is reality. I can't deny these feelings. I envy her. So I have to do what it takes to make Clyde like me. I am not going to let anything get in my way. I already gave up River for Blaire. Isn't it my turn to be happy?