Chapter 5: Get Out of My Mind

As I got home, we all had a happy conversation during dinner. We're planning to go to an excursion this coming weekend. Dad's officemate gave him six coupons to go to a beach getaway. The coupon includes suites, free buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner for three days and a trip to one place in that area. While Mom and I were planning on what we will be wearing on the trip, we heard a loud cry from upstairs. It's Will, my baby brother. Did I mention I have a younger sibling, well now I am. He's still four years old. He's still in pre-school. What's very annoying is that, his hair is reddish brown while mine is mostly red. How unfair is that, but despite of that, I love him so much because he's the nicest little brother in the whole world.

"Blaire dear, would you?" Mom asked me.

"Sure!" I got up from the couch and took care of Will upstairs. It seems that his crayon broke while coloring something. What surprised me is that, he was drawing a girl with a red hair. I knew it wasn't Mom he was drawing but me. By the way, Mom's a red head while Dad's hair color is more on brownish.

"How sweet!" I patted his head.

He just chuckled and hugged me because I gave him a new red crayon for him to color. After that, I went down. Mom and I finished our plan and I went upstairs. I did all the evening routine and such and sat on my pink feathery part floor of the room. I still couldn't get Clyde out of my head. What he did to me awhile ago was just so shocking and surprising. 

~Next Day~

  River picked me up from my house today. Janna won't be going to school today because she said she doesn't feel like it. The day was warm and cozy but it wasn't sunny. The weather was just right. I told River about the trip we're planning and asked him to come along. "So, will you go?" I crossed my fingers behind my back. 

  "Sure, how could I say no?" he laughed. "After you, m'lady!" he let me go in the school door first. Why is he so adorable? As we gather our books from our locker, we saw students with sparkling eyes. They were staring at their classrooms. Even I was surprised, it was so clean. I can't believe Clyde and I did this. Speaking of Clyde, he was just behind us when I turned around. 

  "Move," he said quietly. 

  "This your road?" I shot back.

  "No, but this is my classroom. So could you please move out of my way?" he crossed his arms in front of me. 

  My cheeks were flushed with anger and embarrassment. The girls were chuckling and chattering with how I reacted in front of Clyde. I gave him way and snuggled closer to River by accident. "Sorry, I was just making way." I told River.

  "I don't mind," he smiled. "Let's get out of here before the devil strikes." He nodded towards Clyde who had just taken his seat near the window. He was spacing out the window. I just laughed and blushed at River's comment so we went inside our classroom. 

  I wonder what Clyde's doing right now. Is he still spacing out? Wait, why in the world am I thinking of him? I shouldn't be, because I hate him. He's mean, rude and weird. Yesterday morning, he was so cold to me but after class, he was nicer. He even told me I'm beautiful...or was it just a sarcastic statement? But still, he offered a hand in helping me clean the classrooms. But why just awhile ago, he did it again. He was so cold to me. Is he always this moody? He wasn't like this when we were kids. Maybe people were right about the saying, "People change." Suddenly, I saw two fingers snapping me back to focus. It's the teacher. "Finally, you're back to earth Miss Rose," she said. "Please listen attentively. You'll have a quiz on this topic next week." 

  I pouted and watched her as she go in front of the class again. She's discussing about the history of Egypt. I like history class but I don't know why I don't have the energy to listen today. Finally, the bell rang. River was stuck inside the classroom because some girl wanted to talk to him privately. Deep inside me knows that the girl wanted to tell him that she likes him. I hope he would turn her down. While I was waiting outside the classroom, I saw a figure drinking near the water fountain. He has the same hair and the back structure of Clyde. I tapped his back but sadly, it wasn't him so I apologized. This time, someone tapped me at the back. It's really Clyde.